UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Rail tickets
4 Posts
Yes the underground connection is included in the ticket , but you are not supposed to break the journey i.e go through a street level barrier at an underground station between the two national rail stations you are traveling through.
Thank you very much.

Pippa
If you have the standard orange credit card sized tickets they should be marked with a sort of Maltese Cross symbol which means Undergound is included. If the journey is wholely within the Transport for London area it might not show this as transport within zones should be interchangable anyway. Valid tickets this size will work the Undergound gates. If you use an agent that has one of the airline style ticket printers they should issue gate passes as well, otherwise you have to got to the assistance gate and get the staff to let you through.

There is a list of valid Underground "gateways" which is the usual central mainline terminals and a few other interchanges but if you're ever heading for Stansted Airport it's worth bearing in mind the Tottenam Hale (way out of the centre) is a gateway and it's much easier to change with Stansted Express there than at Liverpool St.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.