EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
icmeler or fetiye both have a good ex pat community and reasonanle prices starting from 40,000 to 160,00 i saw a villa thats 6 bedrromed, private pool for 120,000 n icmeler when i was browsing the web estate agents just run a search using icmeler and loads of estate agents and holiday companies come up
He is talking US dollars.

John
Well you would get a Villa in that price range in Alanya. Try http://www.candangroup.com and then get in contact with them through email if you are interested in anything you see and they will send on the prices.
And the region Alanya is also in is known as the Turkish Riviera, it's a beautiful place :wink:
hi bigray.

i think icmeler is great too.
we have apart. in Turunc next door to icmeler but think that may be too quite for you.

but Marmaris would suit you down to the ground. Lively, lots of choice of outlying areas such as armatulan, beldibi etc.

its very popular and has a very big ex-pat community.

Water sports to die for (not literally of course) loads shops,bars,restaurantsetc and set around a very cosmapolitan marina.
i have watched the property market quite closely in the areas of icmeler and marmaris and would say you would have a chance of a 3 bed detached villa with pool for your budget ,just about . But you would get a cracking duplex apartment for your budget.
have a look yourself.
if you would like the contact of my agent who is excellent and based in Marmaris then drop me a P.M. by all means
best of luck
woody
thanks guys for your replies...please keep them coming! I have alot to learn.

What about comparing the Agean coast vs. the Mediterranean? I guess Bodrum is on Aegean (perhaps, Marmaris, as well), and Alanya or Fethiye on the Mediterranean?

When I was in Turkey last year, I took a ferry from Kusadasi to Samos Island (on the Aegean) and the water was much colder than Fethiye/Olympus (where I was a week earlier).
Just need to compare as to cleanliness/clarity & warmth of water, beauty of landscape, and all the other stuff I mentioned in previous post.
Thanks, ray
Hi

We also asked the same questions when we were looking to purchase a villa, and we got the same answer I am going to give you.

It is down to personal preference.
We went on holiday to Side, which is just below Antalya, with the view that we would have a holiday, but also search for villas at the same time. When we arrived in Side we thought it was lovely, and we thought it would be very hard to beat.
We hired a car and drove south to Alanya, which was also lovely.
So we broadened our horizons, because I wanted to see further North, and we drove up over the mountains to Bodrum.
What a drive!!! The scenery is fantastic!!!
We finished up in Bodrum and we loved it!!!
So... it is up to you... do you want sandy beaches???? Side has it, and so I believe does Altinkum.
Do you want spectacular scenery???
Gocek has it (IMHO)
We loved Bodrum and the surrounding Penisular. You can drive around the who Pensinsular very easily, and it is excellent.
We have bought a place in Gumusluk, and we are having it done up, and REALLY LOOKING forward to seeing the place in May/June

As for prices... $120,000 will buy you a really nice place, but barter for it!!! Like everything in Turkey it is a way of life!!!

Enoy it
Best wishes
Geoff and Olya
We bought in Marmaris 2 years ago, after renting for a year first to make sure its what we wanted to do.

Everyone is different and we all are looking for something that is right for us. We love Marmaris, and during the summer months it is really busy. With something for everyone. We also enjoy spending time there in the winter, when the pace of life is a lot slower, but there are still many bars and restaurants that are open all around the marina area.

It will all depend on what you want.

But it may be an option to rent for a year, before deciding to buy. That way you can be sure you have made the right choice. But prices are increasing every year, and the longer you wait, the less you will buy for your money.
Hi Woody

I am interested in buying a place in Marmaris. I noticed you are living there and offering name of your estate agent can you let me k now their name.

How much do you think i would need for an apartment in Marmaris?

Thanks
Julie :lol:
I think the coastline west of Antalya is better and it improves the closer you get to the Agean.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.