France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Hi Emma and welcome to HT!

You may also wish to visit our Camping and Carvanning forum further down the page as there may be some info there.

luci :wave
Hi Emma,

Camping La Sirene in Argeles sur Mer is a great campsite (4*) with excellent facilities & activities. It's close to the beach & if you don't feel like walking they provide a free bus during the high season. Its a really popular site & all the big companies have mobiles on there. Have a look at the caravan & camping forum & look in caravan rentals to find some private rentals on that campsite. :fly
Have just booked Les Sablons campsite through Keycamp, checked prices direct and seemed to worl out similar when added extras on. Glad got something booked now, sick of having all these brochures lying around! Will write review when get back, end of June.
Hi,

I lived on La Sirene and the two sister campsites for 3 summers. I would recommend that you stay at Val Marie which is slighlty less hectic than La Sirene but at the same time has a wonderful pool and a lovely restaurant (run by Japp and Corrine) this site is plotted at the Racou which is a fantastic little beach town. You are also a short walk from the Port which has some great bars and restaurants.
If you want to be closer to Argeles plage then I recommend you stay at L'Hippocampe which is directly opposite La Sirene and is, again slightly less hectic. Whichever you choose you are granted access to all three sites and will be able to watch the shows that they put on at La Sirene (Lion King, Cats, Greese etc etc) all of which are great.
We did Serignan Plage a couple of years back. Nice site with good facilities just behind the beach.

Only drawback we found with the area was that the roads get clogged really early and driving to adjacent resorts is very difficult and we you finally get there parking can be impossible.
Yelloh Village Cap Ferret at Vias Plage was ok. Good pool area, very friendly staff in the shop & bars. Everything geared up for the French though, with night-time shows en francais, which isn't a problem if you speak/understand French, but can be a problem if you don't! Noise from the village bars and nightclubs could be a bit intrusive late at night/early morning. It made it a bit laughable when the camp security were 'hushing' campers up after midnight while less than 100 yards away the noise was blaring out of the discos!
Best thing about the Languedoc for us was the fantastic hinterland. The Grottes Desmoiselles, St. Martin a Londres, Guilhem le Desert, all worth visiting. Fantastic scenery with some great canoeing in the Herault valley. Cap d'Agde is worth a look at for the evening markets on Thursdays (I think). Beziers is ancient, and stunning!

Totally unimpressed by the beach, but the Canal du Midi flowed right next door to the site and was lovely to stroll along of an evening. Watch the boats go by, do a spot of fishing, or just have a pic-nic.
Oh! I Loved Les Sablons, I Have Just Been!
Does anyone know what the music played at the mini disco is? as my little terror (a.k.a. - my 4 yr old son) wont stop singing them!
Thanks
John
(lRoyal-Murkz)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.