Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
You will probably find the variety of veggie food very limited, unless you go to a popular tourist resort where they have the usual Indian and Chinese options, which is not what you are looking for really is it?

The Portuguese are meat eaters, so don't go in for that kind of thing, so again those that do cater for veggies will be in the tourist areas.
Thanks for your reply...that's what i expected really, as veggie food was pretty scare last time i went to spain.
I'm happy to self cater if we find a really nice resort...we can always go out for drinks instead!
There is a purely Vegie restaurant in Lagos called Mentaspicata in Rua Infante sagres No99 Loja D tel 282798152. It closes around 9pm. The food is very nice and it is popular with the locals. It is not a dressy up restaurant but it is very clean and tidy. It tends to do 3 options for main course and charges around 7 euros.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.