Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Tere ar loads of resorts north along the coast from Barca. The only one I have experience of is Blanes, very nics and Spanish. But there are lots closer still such as calella. The train line runs along the coast up to Blanes so getting from Barca to the resorts is very easy. Past Blanes and the line heads inland so you would need additional transport to get to places such as Tossa and llorett from the train.
Hi Paul

My favourite is Tossa de Mar which is further north and is do-able by train/ bus but I would not recommend for your first visit and a taxi would be £ 100 - 120 each way.

Not got much to add regards any particular resort but Calella would be a good choice, train into Barcelona from airport and train up coast to resort, cheap and regular.

One other word of warning we went to a lovely old fashioned Hotel Villa in Calella, Mar / Apr one year the resort was fine but numerous educational / cultural students from all over europe descended for 2/3 day visits all the time ruining a relaxing weeks break. I understand from other visitors at the time that it is quite common and rowdy youths were taking over pleasant hotels.
Much closer to Barcelona is Sitges. A pretty resort with lots of small narrow cobbled shopping streets, loads of bars and restaurants. Great beach. Very popular with the gay community. Has a train station, so good access to Barcelona and Tarragona. Believe the Corpus Christi celebrations are good with flowers on the streets, processions etc. (about June sometime- we missed it by a week). A good few years since we were there so hope this information is still accurate,
kate
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.