Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
1) has anyone used the car ferry and have they any comments, The ferry from Marmaris to Rhodes does not have facilities for cars well not the one I went on.
2) are there any issues hiring a car in Turkey and taking it across to Rhodes for a week or would hiring a car in Turkey and a seperate car in Rhodes be a better idea?, Hire the vehicle in Turkey as this will save you money as if you do find a way over that does take cars then you will be hit with Insurance and taxes to use it in Turkey.
3) we have been advised to avoid central Marmaris as a holiday destination but that there are some nice suburbs. So suggestions for locations and hotels would be greatly appreciated.
Try Icmeler as it's only 8km away from Marmaris, Hotels for me are a minus point of Turkey and just because Tour operators say 3,4,5,star doesent mean they actually are.
thanks for that rwb

I was basing my info on a ferries website that suggested there was a morning car ferry Marmaris to Rhodes - returning Rhodes to Marmaris in the afternoon.

Dave
My understanding is that the ferry is a high speed foot passenger hydrofoil.

I would hire seperate cars, with the disagreement between Greece and Turkey it may not be left in one piece if you took the car between countries.

I would definately recommend Icmeler if you do come over.

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.