Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Jo

Have not been to this hotel but my daughter has just rung me from the RIU where she has been allocated on arrival and she says it is really lovely and ideally situated for beach, nightlife etc,I will get her to do a report when she returns on th 15th May.

Yvonne
I have booked this hotel next year for our wedding anniversary.Does anybody know whether it has any room service?Also has anyone tried for an upgrade to the RUI Palace next door? Regards Stevie 8)
Hello Everyone,

Looking to change my booking from Riu Bachata Dom Rep, to Riu Cancun Mexico.

Anyone know anything about the Riu Cancun? I'd be grateful for any info, beaches, food, weather in may etc.

Thanks a lot :lol:
Hi Steph.Try this..

You may find it interesting .Regards Stevie

*Edit....inactive link removed. Pippy*
Thanks for replying Stevie, but the link wouldn't work on my browser.

Does it have bad reviews or something?
Thanks, got it that time.

Quite mixed reviews! :roll:
To be honest, if you disregard all the reviews that complained about youngsters during Spring break then the remaining ones seem pretty much fabulous.

Anyone who goes to Cancun during spring break and expects there not to be drunk 18 yr old Americans around is either dilussional or hasn't done the slightest bit of research on their chosen holiday destination.
Does anyone know anything about The Royal Solaris Caribe??

Now looking at that hotel... :)
Think this is the one. The Caribe name is the name of one of the Towers in the hotel.
HERE
We are thinking of going to the Riu Cancun hotel at the end of June 2005, has anybody been recently that could tell us a little about the hotel - the good and the bad.

What will the weather be like?

Thanks
Hello there, just wondered if anyone has been to the Riu Cancun, i have booked this for August 2006 for my husbands birthday, he suspects that i have booked a holiday as he didn't want a party, but he doesnt know where he is going. It would be nice to read a review from someone who has been.
Hi

We have some reviews HERE

Pippy :D
Can anyone tell me what the Riu Cancun is like, also tell me about their holiday there. We are going there next August with no kids. Thanks.
HI ALL

Looking to go to the RUI CANCUN for our honeymoon next june. Any Info on the hotel, the area it is in and wether there is anywhere to watch the football world cup? What are the dress codes? What spirts are in the optics? How big is the bathroom and bath as cannot see it in any photos? If anyone has been to can cun june this year what was the weather like? and Lastly can you get Jack Daniels in the all inclusive? Thank you for your time.

Gavin

P.S. Any like info on the MOON PALACE would also be greatful!!
hi Gavin
just got back from the Riu Tequila - we went to Cancun for the day (it was raining so we hired a mini bus to take us to Cancun shopping). We had lunch in the Riu Cancun (great being part of the Riu Group). It looked a lovely hotel, but to be honest in my opinion, you could have been in Spain. Cancun is definitely a resort I would not want to stay in - the best way to describe it is its Benidorm/Tenerife for the Americans. If you want clubs, bars, mcdonolds, hard rock cafe, dominos pizza then great, but if you want somewhere a more relaxing go further out - Riveira Maya.

any questions give me a shout
hi liza
thanks for your reply did you visit any other rui hotels whilst in mexico and if so whats your opion on them? and did you see anything of the moon palace hotel? Lastly any recommendations of hotels in riviera mayera (excuse spelling)?

Thanks for your time

xxGavinxx
Hi Gavin
We drove past the Moon Palace on the way to the airport and to be honest we couldn't see the hotel, but we did see the turning (think it has a long driveway). Location wise its on the beach but its a bit in the middle of know where so if you wanted to go to Cancun itself you'd be paying a bit in taxis. Think that you can find hotels that are better value for money than the Moon Palace

We stayed at the Riu Tequila in Riviera Maya, which was really nice, my cousin that got married stayed in the Riu Palace (across the road from the Tequila and costs a little more but is of a higher grade. And the Riu Yacutan next to Palace is also a really nice hotel. If you look at the Riu website they've got loads of info on the hotels. But let me know if you have any more questions.
RIU website HERE

Can I please request you begin a new topic for discussions regarding hotels other than the RIU Cancun so this one doesn't go :offtop

Thanks.

Pippy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.