Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Your wish is my command. :D

luci :wave
Hi

What do you meen by Roll Call?
A Roll Call is where the passengers who are on a specific cruise such as the one mentioned form a forum where they share their ideas and their opinions. It is very helpful in that people can give information and advice to those who have specific questions.
e.g. Ports Hotels Excursions etc etc.
I use Cruise Critic for this and a Roll Call is started often by someone who has booked that cruise. It might be a year ahead but others join as they go along and it is fantastic for sharing. Celebrity and RCI allow the CC folks to have a get together on the Ship and they will Host it. This allow those on the Roll Call to meet and a chance to put a face to the Posters. This party is usually on the first sea day and invitations are sent directly to the passengers who have signed up for the CC get together. Often also they will meet for a sail away but again this is not something I have done other than I think once. Cunard do not have an official get together but on the board there will be a time and date where those folks can meet and have a get together.
My next cruise on the 21st October has got a very good Roll Call as well as another Forum which was organised by a member in which people can share something about themselves as well as a photo. I personally have not taken up this part of the Roll Call.

I think leaving it until now to start a Roll Call is too late as often people may either be going off a few days early or are busy preparing for their holiday.

Hope that this makes it a little clearer. Feel free to ask questions and there is no reason whatsover that Holiday Truth members can not do similar to Cruise Critic.

Sue
no reason whatsover that Holiday Truth members can not do similar to Cruise Critic.

And indeed they did 2 years ago when many members went on the same cruise with the DE £10 offer. Very successful they were too by the reports that came back.

luci :wave
Absolutely! My suggestion would be that when someone books a cruise where they know that there may be others also interested in the same thing would be to put a Roll Call on when they book and others will then add their name as and when they book.

Good luck. Maybe when I book my next cruise I will start a roll call on here as well as CC.

My only problem is that there may not be a lot of people doing the same cruise. At the moment I am thinking about the QM2 out of NY and doing the Caribbean. Not sure as yet. We need people who hear of good rates for singles also to let us know PLEASE PLEASE as this is a problem for those of us who travel alone.

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.