Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Round trip QM2
5 Posts
The QM2 is a fantastic ship. Not so sure about 12 nights, only getting off once at New York for part of a day. Would not suit my needs, but the service on-board is excellent, afternoon tea every day 3-4pm is superb!!

Sue, I know that your preferred line is Celebrity. Just yesterday I was speaking to someone who has just returned from Millenium in Med, and also did the transatlantic on same ship last year, which you did this year. She has also been on QM2, but said whilst it was fantastic the level of service was a grade less than Celebrity.

What a fantastic price for 12 nights sheer indulgence though!
Hi thanks for your post. Yes it is a fantastic price and I am still debating with myself. My Daughter says just to think "Do I need this cruise" Probably not as I am going to Ireland on the 12th June for 6 nights. QM2 cruise is from the 12th July until the 24th. Possibly going to Ireland 11th September and then my Celebrity cruise on the 22nd October.

mmm? maybe not but I will call the TA and see what rooms are availibly. I have also learned that life is short and to do things when I can as I don't know what the future holds.

Can fly from Leeds/Bradford to Southampton so it is not a problem getting there.
Might even go down the day before just to be sure.

Sue
I have decided that this is too good an offer to miss. I am holding an option until Tuesday until they can get on to the Cunard to see which rooms are available.
This offer seems to be too good to be true but I think they have taken a no of rooms with the best available room at time of booking.
I did call Scotland's cruise Ali told me that some companies are selling holidays they are making no money on just to keep their numbers up. She did say that if I can get it for this price then it is fantastic. £1398 for single occupancy for 12 nights high season.

I have checked their ABTA and ATOL number and I will use a credit card to book to cover myself in case of any problem.
Now to explore the ship on virtual tour.

Sue
Went ahead and made my booking today and I waited with baited breath on him saying it was a mistake. No the price is right but 100% supplement but for 12 nights still the bargain of the year. £699 for 12 nights.
Won't get the official confirmation until tomorrow because of the public holiday.

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.