Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Russia
7 Posts
Forget it, first you have to get a visa. Suggest you start planning for a visit next year now.

Patka
Seriously...just for a few days? Do you know how I can find out for sure, or how to apply for one?

Also, I knew an ex work colleague who went on business to Moscow, would he of needed a visa as well then?
Very useful - thanks. It sounded good, but I might reconsider now.

Many thanks
The Russian Embassy website is HERE

Getting a Russian visa is a rigmarole, was easier in Soviet times.

Such a holiday would have to be planned, and booked through a travel agent, but well worth while. Go in winter, it's magic, January/February when it's really cold and beautiful.

Plenty to do and see, such as the Metro alone, the Kremlin, Red Square, Novodevichii Convent, go see Vladimir Illich Ulyanov - Lenin, GUM, the circus, the Bolshoi, many different museums and art galleries etc etc.

Make it a two city tour, go to St Petersburg by train, it's the Venice of the North and far more beautiful. There's the Hermitage the finest museum and art gallery in the world, the Winter Palace, the Battlecruiser Aurora whose shot started the Revolution, and St Peter & Paul Fortress where the last Tzars are buried. Just walking down Nevski Prospekt is another world, see the famous grocery store Gastronom No 1.

Peter
I agree. There's alittle bit of hassle in getting there, but the effort is well worth it. See my thread about Moscow in Feb http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=91683.

We never managed to get to St Petersburgh in June (stayed in Cairo instead) but we are definately going back to Russia in the near future (I have a hankering for New Year in the Red Square).

Regards

WG
PS If you still have 4 days of free time, you could do a lot worse than visit Cairo. It's an opportunity to see the only survivor of the 7 Wonders of The Ancient World. We can also guarantee sunshine 8) , it was 32degC yesterday :lol: .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.