Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi Elaine, I think Ryanair will have covered themselves re the flight change, by allowing you to cancel and get a full refund.

Have you spoken to Canvas to see what they have to say ?

Kath HT Admin
Don't think you will have any come back on Ryanair.
These are the pitfalls of DIY.
Thanks for that. I thought that we probably had no comeback but this is our first attempt at DIY and I reckoned that all the DIY experts on here would be able to advise me.
Bottom line is you are only entitled to a refund if you don't like it. There is probably some argument over whether this is a schedule change or cancellation/rebooking but this far in advance the outcome is the same.

See CAA advice on schedule changes.

In actual fact this sort of thing is less likely to happen to DIYers simply because most scheduled airlines don't take bookings that far in advance for services that aren't long standing. It tends to be the package operators who advertise things well before they are able to confirm them. Canvas may be more sympathetic to allowing you to change if you let them see the email from Ryanair.
This is a problem. I know that scheduled Airlines only book as far ahead as 11 months. Last year my daughter was going to Florida and because they wanted to fly on the Thursday before Easter she booked Fly Drive with Virgin.
This is the only direct fllight to Orlando.
Currently I have on Friday just booked a cruise with Celebrity on Millennium. It is Australia and New Zealand for 14 nights but I want to extend my holiday until the 4/5 January.
The flights will not be a problem but they are not bookable until the beginning of February. Also a Nephew I booked for Australia wanted to do a Gap Year. Booked the flight to when it was availible and then he contacted the Airline out there and they changed the date with no charges.
If they are giving you your money back then that is all that is due. Really it is find another Airline or just put up with the inconvenience or get the Canvas to change your dates.
Sue
Thanks everyone for your comments. We have managed to resolve this.
When I had checked the Ryanair website it wasn't showing flights for any day the week we were going but when hubby came home yesterday we sat down and looked at it together and flights are now showing for the Tuesday as well as the Thursday so we have accepted the Thursday flight out and have moved the return flight to the Tuesday (and Michael O'Leary is £80 better off as a result). We're losing a couple of days off our holiday but we were going for 3 weeks so 19 nights is still a good long holiday. Canvas have amended the booking without any problem and we're still getting the holiday we wanted. We'll not be using Ryanair again in a hurry though.
Thanks for the update Elaine - glad you are sorted (if a little out of pocket :()

Kath x
Thanks for coming back on and telling us how you resolved this.

Glad you got it sorted.

Doe :)
Hi Elaine and everybody,
I am having the same problem with ryanair, for a flight booked in december for next June.
the difference is that they did not notify me nothing via email, and only after my solicitations via fax they simply emailed me the NEW schedule for my flights (about 7 hours in advance).
Please, can you tall me what exactely ryanair has emailed to you? in detail: did they explicitly offered you the possibility to be refunded?
Please help me, because I reserved for a certain number of people flying with me, and now I am responsible for them also!
C.
They sent us an email detailing the new flights that they wanted to transfer onto. The email gave us the option of 1. accepting the flight change 2. receiving a full refund by way of credit that could be redeemed within 180 days for travel within a year of issue or 3. a full refund to our card for all or some of the party. Our original flights were for Wednesday lunchtimes but the new flights are for Thursday breakfast time hence the full refund being offered.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.