Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
S'illot
6 Posts
Hi. Do you work in s'illott/sa coma. Would love to come and live out there (Sa coma). Any chance of making a living if we bought a bar? :shock:
Hi pargaluvva
I would say that it really depends on where the bar is and what kind of bar! As many people know, it has not been as busy as usual over the last couple of years around here, especially with tourists from the U.K. It is supposed to be busy this year, which is good for everyone, as long as the tourists come here to this area! The reports on how many are coming is based on flights into Palma you see. The bars along the main stretch of Sa Coma and along the seafront in S'illot seem to do very well, and have renovations etc every year, so they must be doing well in summer. Of course no-one tells you how much they make! Its a shame for the bars that are not along the main stretch, because for some reason the tourists dont seem to wander around that much anymore, do you know why? I hope you dont mind me saying tourist all the time-i cant think of what else to say instead! There are lots of 'British' bars now, and even some new ones in S'illot, so unless you could offer something a bit different then you would have a lot of competition.
Hi xkasx. I wonder why Sa Coma has not been so busy over the last couple of years? Is it anything to do with all inclusive hotels? Where would you say the main stretch is in Sa Coma? I have only visited out of season May and October. Do you think there is potential to make a living or is Magaluf/Palma Nova a better choice. :D
I would say from cristies bar down to where the road bears off to the right towards the taxi rank, near Brittania bar. Also,obviously along the seafront and in S'illot i would say all along the the seafront and of course by S'illot beach. Basically near the major hotels or apartments. You can definitely make a living here, you just need to offer something a little different to get people in. Put it this way, most places round here are only open 6 months, compared to almost all year in Magaluf. So it can't be that bad!

Edited to remove unauthorised advertising
David HT Mod
More input and advice on this may be available in our ExPats & Owners Abroad forum.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.