Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Safety Boxes
4 Posts
Our safe was broken into in the Mediterranean Palace Hotel. We had approx. £1200 in sterling cash taken (I know, I know, you live and learn.) It took about 3 months to get reimbursed by the hotel after a great deal of chasing via the telephone. We also received only £900 back, it had dragged on for so long we were beginning to doubt if we would ever see it again so reluctantly accepted the offer of £900. It is so much more difficult trying to resolve once you have left the island. They do state what limit you are covered for however getting the money back is not as straightforward as it would appear. We now use cash machines abroad instead and carry as few valuables as possible on us at all times.
Thanks for your reply clairet, I thought about taking my cash card but was worried what 'd do if it got swallowed by the ATM, as can happen, I'd then have no means of getting any cash!
Tubs

On my recent trip I took just enough to get me bye on the first day and used ATM's for the rest of the holiday no issues with the machines not working or swallowing cards, its just as efficient as using the machines in the UK. That way if you we're to be as unfortunate as Claire T then you would only be talking about small sums of cash.

Regards

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.