Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
We don't often run up bar (or food) bills in hotels that we stay in, but where we DO charge bills to our room by signing, we always pay the bill the evening before so we can check the bills really are ours by the signature and query any discrepancy.
We never use any items from the mini bar.

How much extra were you charged for things that you didn't take from the mini bar and by other people putting your room number on bills?

I can't really comment on the other issues you mention.
we were charged £20 sterling,but other people were getting charged twice as much as us,the best thing about it was all the people that were checking out on the 6/07/09 about 20 altogether all the bills were dated 5/07/09.everyone was all inclusive that were checking out.when we checked in on the 22/6/09 we were told that you do not pay for anything even the safe until you check out.every other place we have stayed we have always paid for the safe on the day we arrived.we have been all inclusive lots of times so we know never to use the mini-bar cos its to expensive.
There is only one answer to this and that is, do as I do, If you have no intention of using mini bar, ask them to empty it. I do this in Bulgaria. Tonyt.
thanks tonyt.i will remember that the next time but this is the first time its happened as we have been AL lots of times and we have never had this problem before,and with your advice we will not have this problem again. :cheers steve.
Although I can't vouch for this from personal experience, I was told that the more modern mini-bar installations are totally automatic; apparently they are fitted with electronic sensors which record the removal of items (every bottle or bag of peanuts being located in exactly the same position in every installation in the hotel); once removed, the 'sale' of that particular item is automatically charged to the account of the occupier of that room. The days of 'borrowing' an item from the mini-bar and replacing it with a supermarket- bought replica the following morning will soon be a thing of the past. Big Brother is watching, even on your holidays, and his one aim in life is to cost us money !!
hi sagres.this mini-bar was just a small fridge but i have learnt a good lesson don't trust mini-bars. :tup
I have heard of this in Egypt so those in the known, and with personal experience of being charged for mini bar items they haven't consumed, as for it to be emptied on arrival.

luci :wave
Steve
I'm just a bit curious about this statement in your original post:
also some of the staff have family and friends staying order lots of drinks then put your room number down.anyone can order anything and just put any room number they like by just signing on a slip of paper.

If you were all inclusive, what sort of drinks were chargeable?
hi prettypolycat.the items that we had to pay for were all cocktails,ice tea,imported drinks,pizzas,lolly ices,scoops of ice cream was only free from the hours of 7-30pm until 9-30pm each night.the only food you could get was at set times.you could get soup and bread from 11-45pm until midnight if you were hungry.the poor kids could not have ice cream in the day unless you payed for it,all the beers and soft drinks were only ever 3/4s full and put in small glasses,there was a person at the end of the bar each day and night writing down every drink that was orderd even water was counted.
steve.
Hi Steve
thanks for the clarification (can you guess that I don't do all-inclusive much?) :rofl

I had heard that some AI hotels aren't as 'inclusive' as others, ice cream only free for 2 hours in the evening sounds a bit weird.

I hope you didn't get caught out by people putting chargeable extras onto your rom bill.
hi prettypollycat.i didn't get caught out but my 2 sisters did,once they had checked both passports seen the signature did not match they said o.k. no money to pay otherwise it would have been £50-50p to pay. :cheers .
steve.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.