Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Salou in April
5 Posts
I was in Salou in April 2008 and many places and facilities were not open. The season tends to start there around the 1st May as the Spanish have a bank holiday that weekend. However, most of the Spanish bars and restuarants on the promanade were open in the evening, but most of the british pubs were closed.
Thanks son of homer, I thought most things would be shut. Do you think enough would be open for it to not be a ghost town.
Hello Christine W, if you go to Salou in April then it is only the tourist end of town that will be quiet. Near the marina there is a main street called Calle Barcelona, this street has lots of shops and tapas bars and most of it is open all year round. I visted the end november/beginning of December 2007 and there were plenty of people about and everything was open in this area (the tourist end was a complete ghost town).

You also have Cambrils which is a fully working town and lots of the bars and restaurants will also be open here.

Thanks
Mark
Thanks Mark, we prefer the Spainish bars anyway so it could be ok for us.We love tapas, I wish we had found this street before when we stayed , we walked all the way along and up by the train station but we missed it.

Does anyone know of a map of Salou, that would include Porta Ventura.
Does anyone know the train station names in Salou and at Porta Ventura, Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.