Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Well apart from it being the place where the most delicious of olives come from I dont really know much about it, seems very traditional.

Let us know what its like when you get there :D
thats a shame hehe i ahte olives hehe xxxxxx thanks xxxx
Not only famous for it's olives, a greek friend of mine told me that Kalamata is known for being home to the ugliest women in all of greece! So if you're looking for a bloke whilst out there i reckon it'll be rich pickings! :lol:
It's supposed to be a very scenic and historic area and attracts more of a sedate crowd. Though i wouldn't worry, i've lived in some 'quieter' greek resorts and you know what they say - the quiet ones are always the worst!!! :wink:
Like many of the Mark Warner centres, the hotel is pretty isolated from Kalamata town.

The town itself is big (80,000 Pop?) and pretty messy. They seem to have a permanent problem with gathering the rubbish . . .

It's the local capital really. It's uncompromisingly Greek, with relatively little English spoken. Like any town, it has social areas - a string of cafes along the commercial harbour front, several good tavernas around the marina, and a number of 'clubs' which wake up from Thursday to Saturday, from 23:00 to 03:00.

There is a little holiday activity, mainly Greeks during July and August, when it does sometimes become excruciatingy hot for a day or six. The bay (and beach) is some 15km long, loggerhead turtles nest there.

But the real charm of the area is the neighbouring resorts and villages. Travel 20km and you come upon some lovely places with loads of character.

I suspect most of your entertainment will come from your clients . . .

JimB
hi guys! im off to San Agostino on the 26th april to work in the viva salon!! this is my first contract!!! oohhhh im so excited!!!xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.