Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hello, don't know about this hotel but there is a lot of time share in Malta and even more so round this area, a lot of hotels run some sort of time share, but if the hotel you are thinking of does not they will get you on the streets around them. There has been pages and pages about it on this site, with lots of ways to get rid of them, just have a look at some of the back pages I am sure you will find all about it there.
Dave.
Just happened to walk past this hotel last week and were accosted by some not very well spoken (and scruffy) Brits trying to get us into the San Antonio to look round - we just ignored them and carried on.

Whilst I love Malta the timeshare (or whatever they call it now) does really annoy me - whilst walking down from our hotel in Mellieha village to the bay the same guy stopped twice and tried to get us involved in a scheme - in the end we had to be very firm and just walk off. The hotel we were in (The Maritim Antonine) had a timeshare section and some people did waste quite a bit of time going to presentations on the promise of a 'free' head massage in the spa. We just politely said that we were not interested and would rather spend our time sightseeing and not being subjected to hard sell.

In all the places we have visited recently Malta is by far the worst for timeshare touts. It really does need to be addressed. My 85 year old Mum visits Malta regularly and they don't bother her - probably her age and the fact she is on her own has something to do with it.

Pippa
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.