General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Sandals - Help
34 Posts
:rofl Talk about always having holidays on the brain - when I saw this title, I thought it was about Sandals Resorts in the Caribbean!

I do remember seeing some small wedged sandals in New Look in metallic gold and silver but I see you have been there.
good luck with your quest irene

my wifes bin looking for something similar for our trip

with no joy
Hi
Never thought about the reosrt LOL
Saw those sandals in New Look they will be back up silver/gold, have decided I have strange feet - tried on many pairs and they are not comfy. Having said that bought some gel from Avon which you use if you are getting a blister - Godsend!!!!
Thanks Irene :P
why cant women be more like men

i myself will take me beach slippers and the trainers i travel in

the wifes taking about 6 pairs, and i bet a months wage she will not wear them all :lol:
Irene have you tried Marks & Spencers. Might be a little pricier than Asda and the likes but they have some really nice sandals and wedgies at the moment. Might even get something in the sales.

Sarah :)
I had exactly the same problem before I went away last month. Those toe post sandals are pure torture. Anyway, I ended up waiting & buying some when I was away. Much more choice and better quality. Also have a a look at the airport, they had some nice ones at Manchester on the way out.
Hi
I will try and get into an M and S this week Sarah (finished school last Thursday now off until September - I am a receptionist in a High School) never though about M and S 8) Did mention it to my mum earlier and she is the M and S 'queen' it wan't one of her 'suggestions'
We are off to Amoudi on Zante - very quiet and won't be doing any shopping :wink:
Les - I am trying to make the one pair do instead of 3 or 4 - us woman has to make sure we look right :wink:
Thanks for all your ideas and remember let me know if you spot any :wink:
Irene
Hi Sarah
Just looked at the M and S website, may have just what I am looking for, off to Birkenhead tomorrow, they have also got some 3/4 linens and I could do with some more of them :lol: may end up buying loads!!!! LOL
Irene
Will let you know how I get on 8)
Fingers crossed for you then Irene.

I think M & S is my favourite shop at the moment. Loads of holiday clothes and you get three months to return unworn (still with the label on) items - defo a must with my weight loss (as you know :D).

Good luck and have a lovely holiday. Only 45 days left for me - not that Im counting - much :roll: .

Sarah :)
http://www.nudesandals.co.uk

flip flops with no straps. This years latest gimmick, have got myself a pair but dont go on holiday untilnext sunday so cant tell you if they work for another 3 weeks.

Kind Regards
Stewart
if you live near a Pavers shop , they do comfortable sandals called flyflots that can come in multi colours so you will only need one or two pairs to match all your outfits. If not try Shoe.com on the net they also do flyflots
Just had a look at those nude sandals :? Nice idea but I can't see them "sticking" very well after a day at the beach covered in sand...
CSK, my thoughts exactly. Even just walking around, the muck is gonna get under you feet I bet. It sounds like they have a layer of that stuff those Stick to the Wall alien things are made out of. Yeuk.
its not april the 1st is it
its not april the 1st is it

Ooooo Pat, that's funny. :lol: :lol:
they dont look real do they
just found loads on ebay
I have a pair although not tried them yet. I understand they are not good for the beach as sand makes them less effective so more for round the pool.

My guess is they are a fun gimmick that wont last long.Will report back in 3 weeks.

Kind regards
Stewart
If I had pretty little feet I would give them a go but with my big cloddhoppers I shall give them a miss. :roll:
Hotter sandals are comfy if you don't have the sort of feet to squeeze into pointy toed shoes.......

they're not cheap but they don't fall apart either.

http://www.hottershoes.com/hottersite/pages/home/default.asp

good news and bad news......

bad news is that on 2 separate years, when I ordered a pair by phone/internet, they weren't available (despite my orders having gone through.....) and I was quoted several weeks before they would be ready...on both occasions, after the date of my holiday, which was no good to me :roll: (I got a refund with no problem)

.....and then I was subjected to umpteen emails urging me to order shoes from them :roll:

good news, if you ring them up, they can tell you of local stockists who would have them in stock for you to buy on the spot. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.