Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Santa Cruz
6 Posts
Yes, you can get a bus from the south, it takes around an hour if you get the direct one. I personally thought the city was well worth the visit but it depends what you're looking for. I would suggest reading about the city first to see if you think it is the sort of place that would interest you and if you do decide to go, get a good guide book. The highlights for me were the plaza's, the park in the centre and the African market.
Thanks,I will take your advice and do some reading.I will probably go anyway,maybe via an Island tour if I am remembering correctly,there is one.Its a shame to think we have been to Tenerife so many times and not visited the North of the Island.We are going back in August too and would like to bring some friends sightseeing,so will do a bit of planning this time.

Thanks again
Shirley.
I didn't know there were tours to Santa Cruz but unless it includes a guided tour of the city when you get there, I can't really see what you would gain from doing it this way. Also, I would think it would be far more expensive than the local TITSA bus and if you get a guidebook with a good map you will easily find your way around the city. Other towns in the north that I would consider visiting are La Laguna, La Orotava and Puerto de la Cruz, these are all completely different to Santa Cruz.
i you go to the little excursion shop opp the jardin tropical they have trips to santa cruz for 18 euros, it is a lot easier and more direct than the local buses. There is also an island your that goes to santa cruz which is guided only in english :D
Thanks guys I will consider all options and get back to you when I return.Hiring a car is another option I guess,I'll think on that now too,it would be nice to take in Puerto de la Cruz and the other places Cyberhiker mentioned.

Shirley.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.