Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
santa ponsa
12 Posts
Yes, we go on 25th of september, but stay in Cala Ratjada

Regards, Peter
I fly out to Santa Ponsa on the 25th Of September.
would be nice to meet up sometime tofog69, maybe for a drink somewhere :cheers
Back from Santa Ponsa, what a great holiday would recommend this resort. We had a wonderful time weather couldn't have been better apart from one thunderstorm, but that was only in the evening so didn't spoil our enjoyment. We will be going back again in the future. :sun2
We got back yesterday (6th Oct) Its a very beautiful resort,We really loved it and would go back again with out thinking about it.We too experienced the thunderstorm,I have never heard Thunder so loud. The weather was perfect....I want to go back...NOW!!!! lol.
Been to Santa Ponsa 5 times. We went for our Silver wedding anniversary, and had 15 days of torrential rain & storms. We had a power cut that lasted almost 3 days, and everyone was out on the streets with umbrellas and candles, trying to find restarants that were still able to cook :yikes I've never read so many books, or played so many games of scrabble :rofl Luckily we had a private apartment, so didn't have to go out for hours on end. The headlines in the papers said that it was the worst weather for 26 years - trust us to be there :rofl It hasn't stopped me going back though - it's a lovely place.
Santa ponsa is on my shortlist for 2012 holiday. Looking on google earth you have the south side closer to the santa ponsa harbour and small beach.
reading reports it seems there is a hectic noisey side full of late loud bars and then a quieter side with more restaurants but i dont know which is which ! So can some one advise me is the south end of the main beach (port end) the quiet end or the louder end??

I have my eye on two apartment blocks as they are the only ones i can find with 2 bedroom apartments, Portofino at the south end of beach and Verdemar on the north side????
Loved Santa ponsa even though the reason I had to go there was some what of a nightmare with a family member being taken ill. It is a lovely resort which caters for all age groups, lots to do whatever your taste. Would like to go back under happier circumstances.
I loved Santa Ponsa too. Plenty to do for all.

Hockey6, i've sent you a pm.
If I remember correctly the Verdemar would be in the quieter location.
My research suggested the verdemar was on the side of all irish bars? Anyway ive book portofino for 11 nights in June prefer it quiet for sleeping but we like lively nights so no worries.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.