Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
It is just what you want a lovely resort and beach, but it is quiet concerning bars but not that quiet you will get my drift when you get there, the onabrava is a nice hotel we went in there as it was one of the aqua hotels we stayed at the aquamarina which was lovely but the food was awful last sept, but we were taliking to people in the ona brava and they said their food was great, as you come out of your hotel facing you is the train station it is great if you want to travel along the coast, you can get tickets for the train and bus that wait as the train pulls in to take you to other resorts, if you have never been to tossa de mar you can get the boat over to it and find the best restraunts in costa brava, lovely trip takes about an hour , or you can get the train to blanes get off straight onto a bus to loret and on a bus to tossa for half the price they all connect and it only takes an hour, as you leave your hotel turn right and you can walk along the coast to pineda it only takes you about 15 mins it 's a good for waliking off your breakfast, to the left you walk into malgrat which you enter in about 5 mins, the promenade is from your hotel till it ends.when you enter malgrat, at night there is lots of little stalls along outside your hotel playing pipe music which is lovely it is anice walk along after your evening meal, all entertainment is geared to the hotels but you are welcome in all and most of the entertainment is outside so you can pick and choose as you are going buy there is one where all the spainsh stand and listen to and dance in the street a lovely spainsh singer who is on every night very relaxing, and the mime artists there is usually four of them stood there at night, as far as restraunts are concerned okay if you like spainsh or german food, a couple of english bars and one irish bar, there is an english bar on the opposite side of the road called the ship thats not bad as you come off the beach friendly karioke and quiz most nights, you must get the little train that takes you up the mountain behind well worth the views and a good laugh with the driver
rosie
thank you for your reply, great information. Will post an update after we have been, in August. 8)
I am going to the Onabrava for a week on the 25 March so I will tell you all about it once I return.

:)
Hi
We stayed at the Ona Brava last year, the hotel is great, the food first class but the resort is on the quiet side, we tried most of the bars for lunch and all ok quite a lot of the ones on the main drag belong to the hotels so they are pretty bland. Theres one genuine British bar (The Ship) and another that pretends to be British but isnt. The food is good in both though.

If you have kids theres a little fairground towards Malgrat and theres 2 wally wagons that take you up into the hills or around Malgrat. Take the boat up the coast to LLorett and Tossa, both are worth visiting and the next time I go on this coast we will stay in Tossa.

You will have a great time if you stay at the OnaBrava our inlaws who came with us last year are going back again this year as they enjoyed it so much.

Rob 8)
Hi, me and my family went to the ona brava in 2002 and 2003, it is areally nice hotel, I've been to quite alot of hotels in my time and this rates as one of the best i have stayed,there is quite agood selection of food, it was always hot and fresh, the staff were all friendly and the rooms were kept nice and clean.

It is at the quiet end of santa susanna, but anice walk to where the bars are, also the bars were quite good on the campsites facing.

hope you have agood holiday, wish i was going back this year :wave
I'm staying here on from the 11 june to the 15, any ideas on the best way, and costs of getting from Girona airport to the hotel, at 18:00 at night ?

thanks

Paula
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.