Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Tutor 52

I stayed at the sarigul apartments 2 years ago and the apartments next door to them this year. If you are looking for peace and quiet in the apartments these are great. About 10 minutes from the bars etc and only about 9 apartments in total, with some having a huge balcony with fabulous views of Icmeler

Stewart
Tutor 52

I booked with On The Beach on Sunday night, paid the deposit. Then got a phone call Monday morning, saying we had to pay another £20 each. They said Thomas Cook had put the flight prices up, so I just thought what ever pay it. Got home last night checked Thomas Cook website, and the flights have not gone up they have actually gone down by a few pounds. So I am not very impressed with on the beach at the moment. At the time of me booking they were the cheapest, so it's all a big con there price gaurantee refund.

Steve
On The Beach,have a habit of phoning people up the day after they have booked saying they have to pay more money!!,have a look on the complaints forum.
I agree.On the beach are notorious for putting the prices up just after you book.
I have just booked a holiday tonight by phoning Portland.I even got the booking on-line discount and the price worked out £100 cheaper than Thomson and £200 cheaper than Thomas Cook for the same holiday.It has only cost me £36 more for the holiday than the price the flight. :D
I have to say - 3 days on and still no calls from On the Beach.

I have previously booked Rhodes, Corfu, Cyprus and now Turkey with them and not had any issues at all.

From my own experiences I would have no hesitation in recommending On the Beach.

Stewart (smc4761) - the big balconies and views were mentioned in the reviews we saw of the appartments. The only down side appears to be the hills back up to the appartments??

Dave
otbeach did this to me, i booked flights online to turkey last year paid dep and the next day they rang me to increase price by around £40 each saying that first choice had increased the flights we cancelled and got dep refunded as i wasnt prepared to pay £160 more for 4 flights
Dave

The walk tp the aprtments is fine, it is slightly hilly well there are 2 short walks uphill just before the aprtments. It may be hard if you have walking difficulties but otherwise its fine, even after a few Efes.
I am going back again in May to the Castle Apartments which are the ones next door, apart from that its all residential houses therefore you get a good nights sleep.

There is a house with some some land next to the Sarigul where they have chickens, hens etc and a rooster who likes to give an early morning alarm call some mornings

Stewart
Stewart

Having been a greckophile so far (and used to ice cold Mythos) am I right in thinking that Efes is the local "tipple of choice"??

The rooster may be a good thing - I don't want to spend all my holiday in bed :)
Re: - On the Beach.

I don't know if it is relevant - but my other half pointed out that we pay in full when we book and thus get an additional early payment discount. Maybe that is why we have never had any additional charges?
Efes is the local lager/beer and yes its lovely very refreshing and no lingering aftertaste. Even a fter a few bottles of Efes, well more than a few the next morning I dont get a hangover or that horrible taste in my mouth that I would normally get drinking lager all night. The local spirit, is Raki which is similar to Ouzo and is very potent

stewart
You can buy Efes here, but I dont think it tastes the same without the Turkish sunshine. :rofl
bread dipped" (as the saying goes)

We decided to book 2 weeks in June in the Sarigul appartments, Icmeler.

"On the Beach" do say they will refund the difference if you can find the holiday cheaper - so I wonder if they will refund if their own prices go down??

Dave

I have just had an e-mail from on the beach after complaing that I had booked my holiday, and a day later they rang up and increased the holiday by £40 blaming flight price increases, despite the flight still being the same price on their website now, and even cheaper on other websites, but I choose on the beach due to their low deposit. I complained about the increase and said I could of got it cheaper else where. Only to be told that their "PRICE MATCH" doesnt actually apply to flights it only applies to accomodation prices. So the price match gaurantee is a load of rubbish.

Steve
Portland and Thomson have a low deposit of £50 at the moment.
I've booked now.

I never book with Tour Operators.

Steve
I have never booked with Portland before but was amazed at how cheap they were compared to Thomson and Thomas Cook.
I could not have booked it cheaper if I had booked DIY.
Not as cheap as what I have booked for me and my partner. we are going for 2 weeks on 7th June to Icmeler staying at kurt apartments, stayed at them last year and are very nice for the price, have paid 549. It should of been 509 but as I said On The Beach added another 40 to it.

Steve
I have just paid £670 for 2 weeks HB for 2 of us in May from Newcastle.It only works out at £167 a week.We cant go to an English B&B for that.
I will be going B&B in Icmeler in October as we love all the lovely restaurants there.We went B&B last October and spent around £600 on food and drink in the 2 weeks. We didnt want to take a chance on Gumbet as we have never been before,so going HB just in case!
Yeah to many nice restraunts to go to Icmeler to go HB. Love Boat is my favourite, but not had a bad meal anywhere in Icmeler to be honest. The wayside is also nice in the old village.

Steve
I have just checked the price at On the beach for the hotel I am going to for the same Thomson flight and it came up at £741.33p!
Onur Air 2 days later was £5 dearer!
I love the hotel Devamli which belongs to same family as the Loveboat.I am hoping to stay there in October.
Yeah the Devamli looks very nice. We were going to stay there once, but we prefer self catering as we dont like the idea of just haveing a bedroom, we like to have an apartment for the space. We get a Xmas card from the Devamli & Love Boat every year.

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.