Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Hi,

Well june is not the best time to visist the Maldives - chances are you will lose the odd day or two to rain but beleive me, even the Maldives when it's raining is better than anywhere else in the world. I've been 3 times- the last of which was in May and although we did have a bit of rain, it certainly wasn't enough to ruin our holiday - in fact we have just yesterday booked to go back in May 2007 so you can tell we enjoyed it then.

Re the seaplane transfers - it really depends what island you are going to. Some of the islands come with seaplane transfers included as getting a speedboad transfer is not an option as it would be far too long a journey - what island are you staying at? If I did go by seaplane though I would investigate asking the hotel to arrange it for you after you get a price from your UK travel agent - transfers are usually around $275 if booked in the Maldives for a return trip which may be cheaper then you can get in the UK - it must be booked through your hotel though, the seaplane company does not take bookings direct.

The seaplane transfer is part of the Maldives experience in my opinion - fantastic way of seeing the islands - plus if your transfer is over 2 hours by boat you might not feel up to it after an 11 hour flight from the UK.

As for the water bungalows, that it us too you. They are very expensive so if you are worried about your budget expanding rapidly why don't you wait till you get there and ask if you can upgrade for the last couple of days of your holiday - that way it should be no more then a few hundred dollars extra.

As for diving and excursions- do not book these in advance, book them with your resort and island dive school when you arrive - much cheaper.

There are sharks in the maldives - I was snorkelling in May and came accross 3 white tipped reef sharks but they won't come too near you are are way more scared of you then you are of them so don't be too freeked out about them.

Any other questions just ask.
Yep
I Agree with all that cincal has said.
In June you might get away with no rain at all, we went in early March and had two days of constant rain and that was supposed to be the dry month.

Regards
Joe
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.