America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Don't think that this is possible.

Mark :D
I think you might be able to in a place called Discovery Cove, which is a kind of sister park to Sea World. Although its a long time since I was there.
Hi

You can snorkle in Discovery Cove in the Lazy River. There are fish in this part and when you dive under there is a ship wreck with Barracudda and Sharks behind tough glass.

Its a lovely day, you can paddle with the Stingrays and swim with Dolphins also.

Liz.
You can snorkel at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park
thanks ... what sort of things do ypu see....fish etc.... thanks
It's very controlled with staff at start and finish. It's also very cold but they give you a wetsuit waistcoat to wear. You have to swim straight across, no stopping, and must only use you arms to swim, no kicking of the feet. I don't remember specific types of fish I'm afraid, but there are small leopard sharks and rays. I enjoyed it anyway. When you reach the end, you can go back to the beginning and do it again. If it's not busy you can do it time and time again. There was also a snuba program available. For $20 you can hire the gear for half hour and you swim in a the other side of the pool (it's split into two). Obviously less crowded and you can swim around to your heart's content. Hope this helps :D
Dont think you can at seaworld although they are opening aquatic next year so might be able to then,yhink it is available at discover cove but you need to book in advance think it is about £100 upwards depending if you choose to swim with the dolphins.
in Discovery cove there are two lagoons where you can snorkle. The first is where the 'rays' are and it's true you cannot kick your legs however the second one is where the reefs are with hundreds of fish and larger rays with an underwater viewing of barracuda and sharks. in this lagoon you are free to swim as you like. You must book for discovery cove as they only allow so many people in per day. If you want to swim with dolphins it costs extra but a wonderful day includes breakfast, lunch, all equipment, towels, lockers and snacks and beverages (including alcohol if you want it) all day. professional photographs and dvd's are a bit expensive but bring lovely memories.
look at discoverycove.com.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.