Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Server test
19 Posts
Server upgrade new reply test.

Van
ah that's why i was getting a white page showing VAN :? :? :?
Yep Ray we had some scheduled downtime from 2pm till 4pm but we managed to get it back online sooner :D
Van :wave
Test Col

Sorry couldn't resist :lol: :lol:
Hiya Van

Just before 2 pm, I posted in the Costa Blanca forum, when we came back on line, I realised that I needed to edit my post, as I had got the "years" wrong. :oops:
It won't let me edit, I can edit the post, but when I hit the submit button a "general error " page comes up and when I try to go back or refesh the page, it won't let me.

Also my post now contains accentuated "A's" in places where they shouldn't be or where you would use them....I know I was using a Spanish keyboard, but I certainly didn't put them there and they weren't there before 2 pm.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
I am aware Sanji and working on clearing the error on edits and large posts and also the strange characters....

I'll make an announcement at the top of the page when it's clear.

van
Thanks for your prompt reply :kiss

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiii
right...got up especially to deal with this whilst the rest of the site slept so as not to inconvenience you....

I believe I have fixed the general error now and all should be well.

However please feel free to post any further errors if you happen to find any.....

I won't shout...honest!!!

Now that's what I call dedication! :tup
I'm surprised he (VAN) missed his beauty sleep :yikes :yikes :yikes
Ray,
There comes a point in ones life where the excuse of beauty sleep becomes...well...a visible excuse....IE it no longer works... :rofl :rofl :rofl
yip, ive reached that stage :yikes :yikes

RAY :P :P :P
Van, sorry but you may be losing some more sleep.

I've made several attempts to upload a wmv video and it's not having it. :cry:

I find the file by clicking browse and it inserts it into the box, I type the description and date in the box below and then click "add file".

It tried to open the pop up window/box showing the upload or download rate( I never get the hang of it going up or down) but then it struggles for ages before shooting back to the page that you first see when clicking "new topic".

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Ps While I have your attention, the royalty thingy in the rules.?
Does this mean I can't put music behind my video's from CD's that I have in my possession, anymore ?
Sanji
After the pagejumps back and the popup closes...click the preview button...is the video there? Can you play it?

If so then the upload was successful.

Re the music, yes, I'm sorry but that can't be used.

Van
The pop up never opens up. it tried on the first attempt and hasn't since.
It struggles with the green bar on the bottom of my computer, trying to open page whatever. :cry: and then redirects itself back to where you begin.

Re the music....that's a bummer, my video's are gonna be as boring as Thompsons now....I'm not a happy bunny :cry:

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
I don't think that'll ever be the case!!!

Van
Due to the server upgrade a setting in one of the server files was set too small...I have increased the allowed uplad size and you should be able to upload now with no problem.

Regards

Ok a few more settings altered and can confirm upload is now working.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.