Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi there

Can't answer all of your questions, because I haven't been yet :-) But...

I got a much better price than Portland or any other tour operator (£400 less for the 3 of us) by booking the flight direct with Excel and the room with Hilton. Mind you, it depends on the time of year etc., but it's worth a try.

- Tony -
Hi, We are going on 4 march to Hilton Sharks bay for a week. If you are goign after this I can give you the answers when we return. My husband is a (rescue & advanced) scuba diver and he has prebooked with the Sinai divers (INVALID URL Rates appear very competitive.
Thanks both!

Thats worth looking into apshelbourne (I will do some homework!) and I will read your review dannic when you get back!

Thanks loads!
:D
1. Is it ok to stroll around this area (eg outside the hotel) for walks and stuff in the evenings as we do like a stroll after dinner etc?

You can stroll round but there's not a lot to do outside of the hotel at Sharks Bay except about 7 shops the best being the White Knight out side the next hotel to you

didn't stay at teh Hilton we were down the road at the Tropicana Grand Oasis where it was Werner Lau Hilton Waterfalls at the other end of Sharm use Go Dive

3. If I dont do the sea view to keep the price down (£112 each extra with Portland) are the surroundings not sea view ok? (as I would still have a balcony but not sea view)

Errrr I'd check this I thought about 95% of the hotel had sea views but like I said didn't stay and anyway what good is a sea view when you are asleep :twisted:
hi
we have stayed at the hilton sb x 2
there isnt much to stroll to a few shops but very little, snorkelling is fab , even standing on pontoon without getting wet looking at fish is fab , food is pretty ok but like anything can get a bit samey after a week,booze is ok - we found lager ok and rose wine, if you get fed up in the evening a cab into naama bay isnt expensive lots of restaurant and bars - hard rock cafe is nice !
enjoy !!! I am sure you will
:D
hi lazing. we have booked to go back to HSB and got it much cheaper by booking direct via Hilton.co.uk and flights with Excel. we have paid around £64 per room per night A/i for Easter. We did book a while ago though and that price has now doubled. Im pretty sure too that a large majority of rooms face the sea direction. We never booked a sea view when we booked with portland last year. The hotel asked us if we wanted to upgrade, we said no thanks but still ended up with a sea view. Dive centre is sinai dive club who we found to be excellent. Email them before you go and you should be able to secure a 10%discount if you make some form of booking in advance. http://www.dive-club.com cant say i noticed much plane noise. you got the odd one but it felt to me as if they were landing and departing from and into the other direction i.e the desert as appossed to the sea.

lyn
Great!
Thanks all!

That is a big help with everything written.

We are not bothered about there being many shops nearby more that we like to have a walk and were unsure if it was safe to do so. :D

I will look into prices etc. I work hard for my hols (as does everybody else) but I do like to be able to save a bit as its a nice feeling! :D

thanks again!
We are staying at Hilton Sharks bay from 28th Feb until 7 Mar. Booked on Hilton.com and got 7 nights for the price of 6. Total price was $660 which works out at £48 per night.....Bargain !! Have a look, they are still doing the free nights promotion now.

http://www.hiltonworldresorts.com/resorts/SharksBay/index.html
Hi guys

the dive center at the hilton is emperor divers... one of the top dive centers in the Sharm area, so no problems with choosing them (emperordiversdotcom)

Others to look at Camel, Red Sea dive Collage, Sinia divers, Oonas. all have good reputations....
As Stig says, Emperor now have a centre at Sharks Bay, it was Sinai Divers when we were there a few years ago.
PRICE LIST

The hotel is built on a steep hill, but they do (or at least did) have golf buggy type vehicles that you could ring up for if you are too tired to walk up from the beach.
is that right john. It was sinai divers last year when we were there .I was about to email them to get our 10% off . so has it now changed to emperor :?
ok just emailed both emperor and sinai dive club. It is still sinai dive club at HSB but emperor are using the beach at sharks bay for some of their training exercises so thats where the confusion lies :wink:

lyn
Hi All, just put a post on the 10% sales thread about Emperor Divers in Sharks Bay
Got back from HSB yesterday and only saw Sinai dive centre. Husband had boat 15 dives in a week with them and 100% satisfied. cost approx £350 incl kit hire.
Hello all

can i ask you how you booked your AI with the hilton direct?

i was under the impression that if you booked direct with the hotel this would NOT include any food??

any chance you can guide me a bit here as by what your saying it would cost a lot lot less for my girlfriend myself and our 1year old son to travel to Hilton Sharks bay.

I booked via hiltonworldresorts.com. I am pretty sure that Hilton Sharks Bay is exclusively All Inclusive.

http://www.hiltonworldresorts.com/
on looking at web cam on beach at sb the poontoon seems not to be there anymore can anyone tell me is it still there or not. thanks
Was still there on March 7th when we came home.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.