Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I can`t comment on the hotel but the situation of it is fantastic, at the start of Palma Nova beach.

Not sure what kind of a holiday you are looking for but if you like walking, Son Canliu is a lovely bay to walk to, it`s around the bay at the other end of Palma nova. Theres a nice bar to sit watching the waves.
Thanks Christine, any other comments greatly receieved.
daytime you will see lots of places open.but at night only a few bars will be open that time of year.head towards the other end of palma nova and more bars should be open.take a warm jumper and jacket with you for those cool nights.what days you going anyway.if over weekend don;t forget most places in palma are closed on sundays.

http://www.islas.co.uk/palma_nova_map.htm

click right side ? its appts your staying in
Hi Breezo, Cant comment on the weather but the hotel is fine,Try and get a room that overlook the beach as the sun shines in all of the afternoon and evening plus they have great views, Ruby Tuedays and the Blue bar are just across the road ( if open) and you will be close to some good bars in Maglf, Have a good one B Sully
yes make your way to Maglf area called the island.loads of bars there plus nice shops in day.taxi rank outside piano bar which is a nice boozer.clean and very good staff
Hi,

We are also having a few days in Magalluf, we go this thurs (4th Dec) staying at Sol Mag Park, haven't a clue what will be open or what clothes to take, although will have coats.

Is there any point in taking t shirts for the daytime :que

We usually stay in Palmanova, so not too up on bars in Mag - if anyone has an idea of where to head for I would be grateful.

Also, djwoody, do you know if the Star bar close to the Son Matias hotel is open, it is owned by Toni (previous bar manager of same hotel).

Any info gratefully received :tup

Have a nice break breezo.

Thanks all.

Deb.
yes i know which bar you mean.i used to know a old landlord years ago.not sure if it will be open.only thing i do in jan is just walk round and see what bars are open.or ask them when open in day.(for night time).take a warm jumper ok.weather can be nice in day.very cool at night.

this time of year is good really.because they really make you welcome when you walk in.mine you guess it cause there in not many about at night.all playing bingo in hotels.(older folk)..
Thanks djwoody,

We will be wandering during the day & will ask whether they'll be open in the evening.

At least I know the Son Matias will be open & they usually have good evening entertainment, so we can always pop in there ;)

Thanks for info.

Deb.
;) Cheers guys, I normally dont like Christmas but looking forward to these few days away. Have a good one Deb
Def take some t shirts you may get some lovely sunny days. I have been at christmas to Majorca and we managed to wear t shirts on most days. Always take a jumper out with you as when the sun drops it gets cold. I have visited mainland Spain severaly times at xmas and you do see people sunbathing, they tend to shelter them selves by sitting with their backs to the promanade. I liked the winter in Majorca as you saw the place wihout lots of tourists.

Magaluf park sol is a lovely hotel rooms are lovely and warm, we stayed at easter a few years ago, we had bad weather so it was nice to be warm and cosy in our rooms. The food at the Magaluf park is to die for, lots of choice if fact too much. If you like puddings you will be in your element, most days there was a hot pudding.
Christine,

Thank you so much for that info, it has helped to know that the hotel is fine, also, we may get some sun.

Will report back when we come home.

Thanks again.

Deb.
Hi all,

Returned last night from a brilliant 5 days in Magalluf/Palmanova.

It was fantastic, weather on fri, sat & sun was lovely, did turn chilly on monday, although we were coming home mid afternoon anyway.

Had a couple of evenings in Fountain bar with entertainment at 10.30pm, also spent sat eve at Prince William bar with friends - it was pretty busy.

Used Janerbus for the 5th time & as always they were prompt & reliable.

The Hotel Sol Magalluf park was also good, we only had a couple of meals as we ate out, but the choice was very good.

There are quite a few places to eat & bars open during the day, but most of them close in the evening as it was very very quiet.

All in all a great few days away. wish we were still there!!!

Deb.
Glad you had a good time, I don`t supose you rember if Tom Browns was open.
Sorry Christine, we didn't go near it so I don't know.

There wasn't alot open, nothing like the summer months.

Deb.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.