Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Well this larger lady, also called Lynn has been three times with her equally large Mother. :D

It was our favourite hotel until First Choice took it out of their brochure a few years back.

It has the best pool I have ever seen in any hotel, level entry at both ends so very easy to get in and the middle is very deep so you can swim without hitting the bottom.

There are some of my photos in the Gallery here, they were taken some time ago now and I believe things have changed a bit, they have removed the fish ponds that used to go down the middle of the main path and replaced them with flower beds. They do still have the flamingos in the big ponds though and a couple of peacocks out the front of the hotel.

The suites are a good size, with a bedroom and a living area, there is masses of storage, a mini room fridge and TV. They didn't provide tea making facilities when we went so we just took a travel kettle as its quite a big hotel and we didn't want to be walking around just to get a cuppa.

There was usually a good selection of food and we never once got sick, they also had a good selection of alcohol.
The beach isn't the white sand of the South but its clean as is the sea and there's plenty of it so you don't have to be squashed up together.

There are mossies, they come out as the sun goes down but with protection you should be OK, don't have the patio doors open after about 4pm unless you have a plug in or room spray. They love both Mum and I but we didn't get bitten badly at all, just the odd one or two.

If you smile at the staff and be friendly they are wonderful, the people that moan about the staff being rude are usually the ones that are rude to start with.

If there is a downside to the Sirenis its the fact that its quite a long transfer from the airport and any excursions you do will entail a long journey also.

Happy to answer any more questions if I can.

Lynn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.