Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Far from being rowdy, but as they are young will probably head for the club strip near the airport which will be where the action will be for the young and young at heart.

There is a road called Bar Street near the harbour with a few lively bars which may take their fancy.

Skiathos town has an attractive harbour cafe area. There are a few bars on the steps where the prices can be steep if you miss happy hour.
Ideal place to go for the girls. Just enough - no major "Ibiza" style clubs, but lots of music bars and club row which is more bars than nightclubs last time I went. One of the best is the Rock n' Roll Bar http://www.skiathosinfo.com/business/rock-n-roll.htm on the harbour front where everyone lounges on large bean bags! Cant see them coming to any harm in Skiathos Town. Beautiful island and Skiathos Town is very cosmopolitan and chic.
Thanks Naughty and Diamond sounds as though Skiathos Town could be a good choice.
Skiathos is one of my favorite places but my daughter who is 23 would be totally bored and she is not a party animal, i don`t think there will be enough to keep your daughter and friends amused.
I agree at 23 you would want clubs and a bigger nightlife but if you want a safe environment for 18-yr old girls who dont want 18-30 and Ibiza style rowdiness, then I would recommend Skiathos for a first holiday without parents. At least the parents can rest in peace at home hopefully !!!! Our daughter will be 17 next summer and Skiathos is more than likely going to be our choice - she loved it last year and wants to return with a friend and I am more than happy with that !!!
Skaithos is mostly beach and not rowdy, beaches if you are a beach person are beautiful and very clean night life very peaceful bus service very good, small Island not a lot going on can get some nice boat trip to other Islands would not really recommend Alonasys nothing there apart from the old town
pojo
Skiathos will be great for some 18yr old girls going on holiday maybe for the first time without parents. Fab beaches for daytime, plenty of eating places and the 'bar strip' just around from the harbour where they can head later in the evening. We go every year at beginning of July (though we are slightly older than 18)!! and we see plenty of young girls having a great time. No riots or extreme drunkeness or anything too loud at all! I think they will have a fab time!! cheer Jan
Thanks for all replies it seems there are more positives than negatives.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.