UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Skipton
6 Posts
Sorry I can't help with you're Question Dorothy :shock:

I was going to say I am about 1 hour away from Skipton with the wind behind me :lol:

It's a nice place medot you will like it around Skipton I'm sure of it :wink:

Regards,

TIMUK.
Hi
I live just outside Skipton. The Tescos is a good size and it is in the centre and so is Morrisons, I prefer Morrisons but this personal choice. The high street has markets, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. There are various other shops, House of Fraser and Sunwin. I think if you have not been to Skipton it I would say would take the best part of the day. At the top of the high street is Skipton Castle (if it is your kind of thing. Also there is the canal which has boat trips on. Dont know about the pubs round Malham but there are loads in Skipton, plus a Whetherspoons which is fairly good in nice surroundings. There are loads of nice places to visit fairly near to Malaham including, Ilkley and the moors, Grassington, Kettlewell, Bolton Abbey, Hawes the list could go on. Hope you have a good time, I think you will :D
Hello Medot

If you must go to Tesco dont get any pork pies. You need those from the original pork pie shop. 100yds NW out of town (left at the castle roundabout and next to the wine store). Preferably, eat them while the pastry is still warm and the jelly drips down your chin. Hope you are not a veggie. Enjoy. And dont forget the award winning fish and chips from the chippy in the main car park.

A Great Town.
Ho phil my mouth is watering i can smell and taste those fish,chips plenty of vinegar, pork pies juices running down my chin dripping on my new top,please send me some down NOW.
Ooooo thanks everybody this all sounds too good to be true.
here where i live everything comes from the "supermarket".
i wonder how many calories are in those pies!!
medot.xx
the only reason i said tescos is i don't know what morrisons is like. haven't got these here.

timuk. i'll be there on the 30th july. :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.