Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Thanks Carrot your info very helpful and put us in fine spirits.. Cant wait as were looking forward to swimming in the Red sea for the first time . This will be our first holiday away without kids and just want to let our hair down like we used to, mant thanks again.
Nutty, Just arrived back this morning, the weather was fantastic all week, not a cloud in sight! I'd say true outside temp was mid 80's although you'll need a light wrap (not a fleece) at night when the suns gone down.
Have a great time! It's fantastic!!
Smiffy, I take it you were drinking heavily all week? We've only ever seen ONE sun over there!
:rofl
:lol:

ooooooooppppp's dead giveaway eh?
it's really 3 hrs sleep then straight to work :?
We got back from Sharm on Sun and the weather all week was great----the only thing is take a light top/cardigan for the evenings.

Have a great time :)
We have been to Gouna in Feb the last three years. We were there the "cold" Feb in 2005 - when, as Briar reported - it was extremely windy and very cold at night.
Last year was chilly at night and breezy by day but not as bad as 2005; this year we had the most fantastic week and have come home (on Saturday) with great tans. Global warming ?????????

It IS adjacent to the desert (and deserts are cold at night!) and it IS still the "winter season", and Gouna IS a little windier than Hurghada, which in turn is windier than Sharm - but 24-26 by day when the wind is light is more than comfortable for sunbathing - even out on the sea in the diveboat, dress code was down swimwear!! We literally didn't see a cloud all week.

All the hotel pool are sheltered, and the lagoons and beaches have windreaks. Saw real tinies in the sea this year, and toddlers splashing about in the movenpick lagoons. Hope you are as lucky as we were
Arrived home from Sharm yesterday it was 32 degrees in the shade during the day!! Bit chilly in the evening but lovely nonetheless.
You can click HERE for another good weather guide - you can change the location at the top left of the page, and half way down you can check the history, month/year.
no need to have worried about weather as it was superb all week. the only downside is now were home and i miss it terribly.
We spent two weeks in Nabq bay, got back on 1st March we had wall to wall sunshine every day, I'd say near to the end of the holiday it got to at least 30, I even had to stay in the shade whilst @ Cleo park as it was so hot.

Didn't think the nights were cold at all.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.