Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Snow!
4 Posts
I drove Antalya to Marmaris last January. On the way to Marmaris it was suuny and warm.

On the return it was completely different!!!

It was total white out over the mountain, you could hardly see the road. I rescued a lorry driver and he accompanied me to Antalya.

I think if I had started out a few hours later I would not have made it.

The previous year I was given snow chains with my hire car! I thought it was a joke. We didn't need them that year.

Amusingly there is a petrol station high up on the mountain road and they have a couple of ostriches out the back. Strange to see them in snow!
Istanbul often has winters with temps below freezing and snow, the location of turkey on the black sea is open to very cold air moving down from eastern europe and russia.
I went to Istanbul in 1981 for a long weekend in Feb or March and it snowed for three days, it was chaos in the city and I remember taking a boat trip down the Bosphorus in a snow storm. About 4 years ago I stayed in Side in March and the weather was beautiful but during the same holiday I took a trip to Pamukkale and we had really heavy snow during the journey, cars where sliding all over the roads.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.