Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Jim

my family who have lived here for twenty years say I have not had a hot summer in the last five years or so,

can't believe that, in the last five i've found so hot in cyprus, i've needed to go & get a beer to cool down in the shade, :glynis or was that just my excuse.

BRING IT ON I SAY :sun
Gazz
well aslong as it lasts for 3 weeks :wink:
Gazza I talk to locals every day as well as my daughter who has been on the island for over twenty years, every five or six years they have heat wave conditions here, where people actually die from the heat, I have only lived here going on six years and I have never know those kind of conditions here, so this could be the year, yes it gets warm here but don't believe all you may here of 40+ it has never got that warm while I have been here (in the shade) but as I said I have only lived here during normal Cyprus summers...I will let you know what happens of course..it is dark now here, and it is still 81F outside!!

And Martin, three weeks try six months!!!
Looks like I might get better luck than my last visit then.... last went over in October last year when they had all those hail storms and floods... I was gutted as I was only there for 5 days... and when the sun was in it was pretty cool too.... Going over there again for 5 days 2 wks today.... yay!! Hope it still remains. warm.....
Jim I'll be staying with my friend up in Tala.... will be hangin out in Marios and the square no doubt.... might get to see you as you don't live far from there... I'll keep eye open for you...
Gail...
Keep a look out, fat bald cant miss me...and yes that was some storm, we do have ''weather'' here as you know.. 8)
I understand that it can get a bit much , i was over there in july 2000 when it was getting 40+ and i can tell you the best £14 i ever spent was the air conditioning , i realised that holiday that there is such a thing as too hot .....
Jim, your breaking my heart........... :lol:

From cold, dreich, Bonnie Scotland :(

Cheers,
Jinty
Jim hope its a little better heat for you today,, it can knock you back, us holidaymakers don't have chores to do etc when away...feel for you.
Jay
N0 change today it is as hot as h*** too warm for most of us here I am afraid..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.