Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hiya Lucy
The food IS the same in both hotels (Pelicanos/Ocas)....they are run as one hotel with one manager. :wink:

I have just uploaded a video of the Hotel Melia in Sanji's video sticky...and that might help you.

Sanjii
Thanks Sanji, off for a look see.

Think we might go DIY to get a better hotel and are considering the Princesa at the moment so will be posting in that topic. :wink:

** Edit - The Melia looks really good in the video and I'm almost tempted, but TBH I'm really out off by the poor reviews.

luci :wave
I'd go for the melia as ther is no building work across the road
The Melia without a doubt.
Thanks peeps. The Melia is still an option we are considering among a few others.

luci :wave
Stayed at the Pelicanos 3 times and NEVER had a bad meal yet.Granted these stays were between May and Aug but my best mate stayed at the Ocas for Xmas/ new Year 2 years ago and said it was brilliant
I stayed in the Melia a few weeks ago flying with Globespan. I could not fault this hotel one bit. Rooms of a good standard and meals were very good, not as central as Oscas but only a 5 to 10 minute walk to the main bars and resturants and away from the main building work in progrees. Looking into the possibility of booking the Melia for New Year, definately going back
stayed in the pelicanos last year..am currently in the melia benidorm....

there is no comparison...chalkand cheese...ocas/pelicanos is a very average 3 star.....melia is 4 star plus......i love the melia..hated the pelicanos

8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.