Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Son Amar Show
35 Posts
Hi Everyone

How far is this from Magaluf? Also roughly how much would a taxi cost?

Cheers
son amar is just north of palma and south of palmanyola a distance of around 22k about 14 miles. from magalluf
map on their web site
http://www.sonamar.com/
I personally thought it was not worth the money. The food was poor and probably the worst I have had in terms of these sort of shows.
it should cost about 25 euros it cost us 30 to santa ponsa last year ,,when you book it ask about the different type off menus that are sold we did not know there were different menus when we booked we felt like outcasts when we got no starters when we shouted for ours we were told (different menu} they would not give us anymore wine i bottle only free then the bus we came in did not come back for us that is why i know how much it was for a taxi ,,i claimed the money back from the tour company the next day,,,i would not go back to sonamar
Hi
I did not think much of the meal although we go four courses but I loved the show. We were there last Monday.
Anne
Hi
It will be my husbands birthday while we are on holiday at Santa Ponsa. He is no spring chicken but not yet ready for knackers yard. Can anyone sugest where I could take him for a special night out.
Thanks
Anne :pele
We went to Son Amar last year so would like something else. But that is the kind of thing we enjoy.
Thanks
Anne
Pirates in Magalluf is excellent, or a night out on the Paseo Maritimo in Palma (ie Tito's) would be a good (but late) night out.

Son Amar has been getting a lot of bad reports in this last year.

Adam
Hi Adam
I think we might try Pirates. What is Paseo Maritimo in Palma. Son Amar was not very good last year. I think it would be better if they just had the show which was good but the food was horrible.
Anne
Pirates is a must it was such a good night out if you are going to be just the two of you may I suggest you go to the later adult show it is more adult humour and not like a kiddies panto!!! :D Hope you both have a lovely time.
Surfer chick
x x x x
Paseo Maritimo is the road which runs alongside the Marina in Palma, and runs from the Porto Pi Centre right the way along to the Avenidas and has dozens of bars, restaurants, hotels, Night Clubs - and because they are positioned near to one of the most luxurious "boat parks" on the Med it is a bit swish. Tito's is one of the night clubs, but there are several others.

Maybe someone else can suggest the best.

Hope this helps,

Adam
Thanks for all your replies
Anne
hmmmmm the food at pirates is absolute crap!. at least son amar was edible (well not bad really to be honest). i take it you know pirates is in magalluf, so just book in travel agents(cheaper than on door) and get a taxi.
My husband's birthday is while we are on holiday at Sant Ponsa and I want to have somewhere nice to celebrate we have been to Solamar and I would not go back. Any sugestions.
Thanks
Anne
Hi
I am still trying to find a really good night out for my husbands birthday. I would like some good food and some good entertainment.
Any ideas
We will be based in Sant Ponsa
Thanks
Anne
Hi - would recommend Sonamar (nr Palma) - a generally good night out. They have a website (check it out using google). Not particularly cheap but still highly recommended.
Good luck.
Thanks for reply, but we went to Sonamar last year. The pigs and chickens on the spits outside kind of put me off. I could not eat any of the food there. Thought the entertainment was good though.
Anne
hi going to magaluf on 20 oct, can any one tell me about first, the weather, second can anyone tell me anything about the food and the show at the son amar. have seen a couple good and a couple of bad reports thanks ,george.
Jue, yer wont find a better show :wink: you'll love it. :D

Next time we visit Majorca...its Son Amar. :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.