Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Here is my write up in Hotel reviews.....There are two reports, one i wrote last year, and one up to date one done today...any questions and i will try and help :D

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/egypt/sinai-penninsula-and-red-sea/sharm-el-sheikh/sonesta-beach-resort-hotel/
ooo thanks for that report michelle...ooo i cant wait now......wh ydo i book for november...its months away!!!!!!!
ooo michelle...ive started now.......that dive centre...Oonas Dive centre...was that the one at the far end of the sonesta...on the corner near the beach????

didyou go on any trips with them.

we're thinking of doing a boat trip next time but don't really want to go with thomsons
yes the Oonas bar is on the end, and they do fabulous trips, we didnt know about them until i got home and looked on their web site...

http://www.oonasdivers.com/dive-tours-red-sea_land-based_oonas-dive-club.shtml

They have rooms for rent there as well. You can swim with dolphins but not at the other site, this is different, but do not know much about it.

We ate here at lunch every day, and the ice cream is to die for.
Trips that are available...

Excursions inside Sinai
St Catherine's Monastery & Dahab (incl. lunch)
07:00 -17:00 40 Euro
Moses Mountain & St Catherine's (incl. one soft drink)
23:00 - 14:00 40 Euro
Coloured Canyon & swimming with the dolphin (incl. lunch)
07:00 -17:00 45 Euro
Grand safari - St. Catherine's, Coloured Canyon, dolphin & Dahab (incl. lunch)
07:00-20:00 60 Euro
Ras Mohamed by car or boat or Straits of Tiran by boat
20 Euro
Bedouin dinner in the desert by bus
Leaving from Oonas at 20:00 20 Euro
Bedouin dinner in the desert by camel
Leaving from Oonas at 17:30 25 Euro
Camel or horse ride in the desert with Bedouin tea
15 Euro - 1 hour 20 Euro - 2 hour
Quad runners in the desert
1 hr
Single 20 Euro
Double 30 Euro
Excursions outside Sinai and Egypt
One night in Cairo by Bus
07:00-19:00 Thurs & Sat 150 Euro
One day in Cairo by Plane
07:00-19:00 Thurs & Sat 250 Euro
One day in Luxor by Plane
07:00-19:00 Wed 255 Euro
Oonas Dive Club Oonas Dive Centre Land Based

***all the above taken from their web page**

They will take LE as well as UK sterling for payment, instead of euros.
Heres the converter to show how cheap/expensive the tours are.

http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic

For instance 255 euro for the plane over to LUXOR for the day is roughly £174 pp.
thank you so much for such an interesting, informative report.

myself, hubby and brother and sister in law will be staying at the sonesta beach for two weeks arriving on the 14th august.

we are very excited, as its our 1st trip to egypt.

if theres anything else you feel we should be aware of please could you let me know!

we are looking to treat ourselves to handbags and maybe some jewellery.

car01exxxx
Jewellery is fabulous from the ones in the posh shops not the mall.

My own jeweller has got my info on the name of the shop i bought mine from, but i think it was called Hassein, well it was directly opposite the Pomadero restaurant. On the corner, and on its own, the other corner has two together.Mine is being valued at present. They do not hassle at all, in fact most dont.
just a quick question. we are taking sterling travellers cheques so will we be able to cash them in the hotel?

thanx

car01exx
Yes you will, but why bother taking them? Just take a bit of cash, then withdraw from the cash machine, free if you open an account with Nationwide. Not many guests use travellers cheques nowadays.

I hope you enjoy your stay :wink:
cant open a nationwide account and dont want to just take cash so will have to do with tcqs

car01exx
do they supply beach towels or do we have to take our own?

thanx

car01exx
Hi im going to the taba 1 and they supply towels i presume they do at them all email to make sure reservations@sonestasharm.com

regards Louise
Hi Carole

The beach towels are free from the beach or pools. They are cleaned every day.

ON check in at reception, they will give you your key, and a card. This card you hand into the guys at the beach for a towel. Do not lose it as it will cost you money for a replacement.

Sun beds are free :D
thanx derwentrocker. only 13 days to go!!! woohoo

car01exx
Remind me Carole, who is your tour operator, and which room will you be staying in, eg, family room etc.

I wish i was going back, next year we are going to the States for 28 nights, but Sharm is lovely, i want both :D
our tour operator is thomson and we have booked 2 family rooms..

cant wait

car01exxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.