Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
It's an extremely short walk. Assuming you're coming from London, the platform is on the airport side of the tracks. If you're coming from Bournemouth, you'll need to use the bridge to cross over the tracks.
From there, it's about 50 metres to get to the terminal. You do have to cross a quiet road which gets the occasional car or bus going along it though.

There is at least one, possibly more, place to buy food - although as with all airport food outlets it's overpriced and not particularly high quality.

Southampton is not Heathrow - it's only a small regional airport
Thank you, we will be coming from Waterloo, so maybe we can find something to eat there first.
You must get off at Southampton PARKWAY station....not Southampton Central. Then as pmbma says, it's a short walk to the airport terminal.

There's not much else within walking distance as the airport is on the outskirts of town. (there is a Travel Inn type hotel there now, and some light industrial buildings).

The airport does have a self-service restaurant and a bar. There is a WH Smith, and once you've gone through the security checks there is a large duty free shop, and another cafe/bar.

Although the airport is relatively small, it has a spacious new terminal building, opened in 1994.
New Spanish flights from Southampton

Spanish low-cost airline Vueling has announced a new service from Southampton to Barcelona, starting on June 22. It will operate three flights a week from the city.

The news follows confirmation yesterday that the carrier will also launch flights from Cardiff to Alicante and Palma in June, in addition to new flights from the Welsh city to Barelona, starting in March.

Vueling said the new route from Southampton had been made possible following its acquisition of a smaller, A319 aircraft. It has also bought four Airbus A320s, boosting its fleet to a total of 28 aircraft.

With permission from Travelmole
Anyone travelled from Southamptin Airport recently? I'm using this for the first time in a couple of days and have noticed on their website there is no mention of shops, apart from duty free. Not that I want lots of shops but as I travel hand luggage, I do find a Boots very handy once airside and a WHSmith for the obligatory magazine. Any information would be most appreciated.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.