Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
i hate coral bay all false nothing traditional at all ,try Pernera [often sold as Protaras] its a couple of miles up the road and less hectic or staying in the west try Lakki [latchi]

yasus
wizard
I have to confess I am not big on rustic, don't mind the buildings being rustic but I wan't the insides to be lovely, comfortable and with all the home comforts.
for a modern sole-less hotel with a good reputation have a look at the pernera beach

[mind you i must admit im going to a sole-less hotel in Pafos this weekend as i could not get flights to Larnaca from my local airport this time of year]

yasus

wizard
Looking at Villas not hotels. Have looked at the two areas you mentioned and have now got several lovely properties on my list. Favouring the Fig Bay Beach area I think.
as nice as it looks Fig Tree Bay gets very crowded in the season as its the main beach for Protaras

where are these villas you have found? they could be as far as kaparis [still advertised as Protaras] but about 8 miles away, the closest beach to that area is Fisherman's bay/beach

yasus
wizard
Best to avoid Protaras, Paralimni and the outskirts of Ayia Napa and that area in August if you can as that's when a lot of the Cyprus businesses close for a couple of weeks at a time and many of the locals head up there to the coastal resorts.

Government offices close down completely for 2 weeks every August so you can imagine it gets very hectic when you calculate that with the influx of holidaymakers too.
There are several villas and apartments under review although only two in the Protaras area. Quite interested in a trip to the ghost town but not sure now which area is the closest and also th water park.

1. Florina Villas - Kapparis - 500 m from Firemans Beach

2. Kapparis area but no more info apart from 800 m to sandy beach.

The rest are in Polis/Latchi area

3. 50 m from Argaka beach and 50m from Liza's Place (restaurant/bar)

4. Arsinoe Beach Village. 60m from beach

5. Cypriot resort, near Droushia, nearest beach 7km

6. Adjacent to Carpo Bay Hotrel - think this is Protaras area.

I am still looking but any info would be gratefully received.

Many thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.