America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Sorry I cannot help with a review on the CBR, but we stayed at the Port Orlean Riverside (PORS) another moderate, and loved it !

The advantage this hotel has is that you can take the free ferry to DTD and also use the faciities at both the Port Orlean Riverside and the Port Orlean French Quarter (both having lovely pool facilities). We also chose it because of the tranquil (Centre Park looking) surroundings - we thought the CBR looked a bit more 'full on' (but hey, that might be your kind of thing !).

1)Transport from any Disney hotel to the Disney Parks is great with a near continuous service (think the longest we waited was about 15mins) but it may depend on what time of year you go how busy the buses are. Staying on site you also have the advantage of free parking at Disney Parks ($12 a day) if you hire your own car and also the Extra Magic Hours (EMHs) which allow you to go early / stay late at selected Disney Parks on selected days. There are a few other advantages such as booking advanced dining reservations at Disney restaurants etc .....

2)Its not all that easy without a car to get to Universal or Sea World but it can be done...I believe there is a Lynx bus service going from somewhere - have a look at some old posts - I'm sure I've seen it mentioned. Also you could get a free bus to DTD (nearest point to these places on Disney property ) and get a taxi from there - though you can always get one direct from your hotel of course but you would need to call one (they are not allowed to loiter outside).

3) since car hire is relatively cheap I would say yes definitely hire a car if you can - especially if you are not going to be doing all Disney all the time. It is so much more convenient to get around - even to the Disney Parks ! OF course there are also the Florida malls to explore, besides Universal, Sea World, and the attractions on I Drive and not to mention the Kennedy Space Centre (just an hours drive).

4) Sorry I'm not sure about the Disney Dining either - I'm sure it would be good value - but do you want to be tied to Disney for eating when there is so much choice out there ? We did not like the foodcourt at the PORS - we drove to a Sizzlers at the Crossroads area everyday for a cheap 'all you can eat' breakfast (10 mins) that set us up for the day - another good reason to hire a car !

5) If you deide against Disney I would strongly recommend going for a fly drive and hiring a town house at Regal Palms (Davenport area) from a private owner (that will save you loads !) - see my review on this site - in our opinion much better than Disney and much cheaper BUT I am of the opinion that everyone should have the experience of staying on site at least once and absolutely loved our stay at PORS.

Hope this helps ! :D
Just want to agree with mo really :D

Also haven't stayed at CBR (but did eat there and it looked great). We stayed at Disney's Coronado Springs resort also deemed a 'moderately priced :shock: ' resort, bit more laid back than CBR with beautiful landscaping, spacious grounds, nice restaurant etc.

We really loved it there and were a family of 2 adults & an 8 year old and 6 year old. We had stayed at the All Star Music resort (budget :shock: ) three years previously, which we also liked. However in terms of value for money I felt the extra we paid for the Coronado Springs was worth it.
Just IMHO as always

Doe :D
Hi Doe :wave

I'd be grateful if you'd post a review (our first!) HERE when you have time.

Many thanks :wink:

If anyone would like to post a review for Disney's Caribbean Resort, please do so HERE. Thank you.

We have reviews for Disney's Port Orleans Resort Riverside HERE

Pippy :D
Hi
am travelling to CBR in June, will provide a review then :D
It's a few years since I stayed at CBR but I wouldn't say it was 'full on' at all. As you would expect it has a Carribbean feel to it which is very laid back.

There was entertainment some evenings near the main pool bar which was a West Indian steel band. It was quite nice to chill out but was easy to avoid if you wanted.

The main pool is a free form type theme pool with water slide but each section of the resort had it's own pool which is heated (like a bath on an evening in June) and is a rectangular swimming type pool. These were much quieter and had lots of sunbeds/chairs around.

Buses around Disney were plentiful and it's well placed for MK, MGM & EPCOT.

I think the advantage Port Orleans has over CBR is the ferry access to Downtown Disney, for me that would be a big plus on an evening.

I'd also consider the Swan/Dolphin which I think have an even better location (Ferry to EPCOT & MGM) and although not Disney owned they do come with most of the Disney perks and pricewise are often comparable with the Moderate resorts.

To be honest, whichever you choose, I don't think you'd be disappointed.
Jan400

I was interested to hear what you thought of CBR......from what you have said, I think we may have to put this one back in for consideration for future trips. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.