Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Ayia Napa Cyprus

I was a little apprehensive when I first booked for Ayia Napa, as I had heard that it had a reputation for being a fast loud resort for the younger generation. But never having visited this part of Cyprus before I wanted, not only see what the resort had on offer, but also whether it did indeed live up to its reputation.

My eyes were certainly opened as I toured around the resort, as firstly there were no sign of any boisterous activity that I had expected. I found a clean environmental friendly area full of friendly local inhabitants.

As for being wheelchair friendly, I travelled in a full circle checking out the town and the seafront. In the town if there were any shops that I couldn't get into, then the proprietors came out to warmly greet me and ask if I needed assistance.

On the long tour of the seafront besides receiving a good suntan, I got some brilliant views of the whole area.

Having completed the tour, I definitely knew that Ayia Napa is a resort that requires wheelchair assistance. Independent wheelchair users, unless they have motorised chairs would find it difficult to get around.

The restaurants that I visited, except for toilet facilities, there wasn't a problem.

I enjoyed my time there and I would definitely return again

I stayed at the Thalassaki Hotel in Ayia Napa

Mike Coatesworth
Thalassaki Village Hotel
Aiya Napa
Cyprus

When I first saw the hotel I was truly pleased. It was everything I hoped it would be; picturesque, clean, friendly and helpful staff on hand 24 hours a day.

The hotel has only a couple of spacious fully equipped disabled rooms, so when booking, it would be advisable to get written confirmation that you are going to be given one of these rooms.

The hotel is completely wheelchair friendly, inside and out, and has ramps where needed.

The only minor problem is that the only disabled toilet available is in your room. So if you are having a quiet drink in the bar and you need to go, well not to worry, your room is only a couple of minutes away.

Next to the disabled rooms is the hotel shop, so you don't have far to go for your purchases.

The hotel is self catering up to full board, but I went self catering so that I could try the local delicacies nearby, and I found a great "fish and chip" shop and it is run by English people and is truly real English fish and chips.

I did try the food in the hotel and found it to be very tasty

As I stated, no matter where I went in the hotel area, it was completely wheelchair friendly even for independent wheelchair users.

I would definitely return to the Thalassaki Village

Mike Coatesworth
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.