General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Liam

depends how much you want to spend and how far you want to go.

Would imagine many of the long haul destinations would be hot at that time of year but if you want somewhere nearer I would recommend the red sea in Egypt only problem is that its not really a self catering/villa destination. very much geared towards Hotel based either by doing B+B/half board or lots of A/Is.

lyn
the hottest short haul would be one of the canaries
We went to the Canaries one December and I was not impressed by the weather. The sun had lost it's heat by 3pm, it was dark by 6pm, the evenings were really cold, jacket not cardies,and my beach towels were still wet the next day. :cry: Not nice to lie on.
If I were you I'd go long haul.
I have to agree with Wizard re the Canaries, but as most of you know on here I am going to say Tenerife.

We go 2 - 3 times a year and always for three weeks over Christmas and New Year. Would't go anywhere else.

Rgds Jackie
has to be the canaries... we go every December to one island or another and we have only been unlucky with the weather once. Tenerife will be the livliest, Gran Can will probably have the best weather and Lanza is just chill out zone...( but that was where we copped for a whole week of tropical storm!)... you can't go wrong with the canaries..something for everyone...
Florida is quite good for a Christmas break, and there are loads of villas to choose from and plenty to do. Depends on if you want to do the long flight really.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.