UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi Musicman, where are you travelling from? Would you be able to give Devon or Cornwall a try? Parkdean have some lovely sites down that way with lodges if you prefer those to a caravan.
We're traveling from the south London area by car.

The wife has already decided she doesn't want to go to Devon/Cornwall/the south west this year.

Maybe I should have mentioned these details in my original post. Sorry but thanks for replying.

MM
I know it may be a bit far, but how about SW Scotland, in particular the Barend Holiday Village?

http://www.barendholidayvillage.co.uk/index.html

I've been a few times, and highly recommend it.
  • Edited by David 2008-05-08 20:54:59
    Weblink activated
Personally I think Bournemouth is pretty unbeatable, as you can find lots to do whatever the whether, however if you don't want that area.... If Scotland isn't too far, then I would definitely recommend it. There are some fantastic places. Last year my cousin got married in Edinburgh, and as we wanted to make it into holiday (but couldn't afford Edinburgh prices) we stayed in a B&B in a place called Joppa. It was directly onto the beach and was fantastic. Louise
How about Rye or just outside at Winchelsea? We've stayed for a long weekend in a fantastic B & B farm. It's also very near to Camber Sands which are wonderful! Pm me if you want the link to the farm...or can I put it on here? :que
blue dolphin, a haven holiday park near filey - which is near scarborough

i stayed there for a week and it was great.

it is not far from Filey, Bridlington, Scarborough (all of which have beaches). and on site there is so much to do

if you do decide to go please let me know.
Id try maybe one ot two nights each at different resorts on anglesey,

we have always enjoyed it there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.