General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Bring them down with me after I make my last visit to the bathroom before leaving the house! Saves messing around opening them in the hall to shove the last minute things I'd forgotten to put in earlier. :D

SM
Definately about half an hour before we leave the house !! we normally opt for the earliest flight out, so have to leave the house at daft o'clock, so our cases stay firmly in the bedroom till then.
Hahaha, Judith I knew somebody was going to say a flat or bungalow!!!! :rofl

Glad I'm not the only one who carries the cases down along with myself in the morning!
CourtneeLouise xxx
We also live in a bungalow so the whole house is a tip leading up to the day we go away.
Clothes are usually hanging on doors and suitcases are on the lounge floor.
I just pray no one will visit on these days. :rofl :rofl :rofl
Another bungalow here also. My case is in the lounge, on the floor open so that at the last minute I can put straighteners, make up bag in. :tup Hubby's is packed, shut, and dumped in the spare bedroom ready to be wheeled out at the last minute.
Ooh I've just got a bit excited reading this thread as it's just made me realise that this will be the first time I've got a spare bedroom for my cases (son's not long moved out). So I'll have extra room to hang clothes and I can leave the sutcase open on the bed for as many days as I like ;)

Hubby normally brings the case downstairs about half hour before we set off.
i leave them downstairs and always go for an early flight so dont really want to wake the neighbours at silly o clock banging suitcases down the stairs :)
night before for us ...............haven't any room upstairs to leave them open on the floor for any last minute bits or bobs , so packed locked and downstairs, under the stairs out of sight ready for the next morning
I'm the same as SMa . Bring them down just before we leave so as not to forget the last minute bits .

They only get brought down from the loft and packed the night before so it's not like they are in our way for long . :D
Have to bring mine down at the last minute because the dogs start to sulk the minute they see them all together.
Also have to keep everything, cases included, in the spare room so they don't see me packing.
The door to my guest bedroom is about 3 steps from my front door so the case will be left open on the bed and finally locked and brought out minutes before leaving the house.
We bring then down just as we're about to leave the house. I find myself checking and re-checking over and over again in case we've forgot to pack something so we leave it right until the last minute to shut the cases.
Hubby takes them downstairs the night before if we have an early flight, if any one attempted to break in I would hear them as I will be awake anyway.
Can't leave them on the spare bed as that's where the cat sleeps :D and she usually has a :sulk when she sees them come out......Caz
I also take mine downstairs the night before, if I was so concerned about being broken into I wouldn't be going on holiday ;)
On the day...in case anything extra needs to go in...like that other bikini or that other dress....... :)
There's always something that I have to put in at the last minute, so the labels are put on, and cases brought downstairs around 10 mins before we go.
On our last holiday in March we flew Manchester-Gatwick the day before our flight to Cuba. The cases came out of the loft about midday and we left the house about 4pm :yikes We normally stay over at Manchester when flying from there, so we do the same. That way I've no time to wonder what I've forgotten, or go round putting more stuff in :cry

Hubby has packing off to a fine art. He literally opens draws and cupboards, takes stuff out, puts in a case and shuts the lid. If it wants ironing it gets done when we get there, (not by me :rofl ) and he has even been known to take stuff that wants washing, so he sends it to the hotel laundry as soon as we arrive!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.