General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
sunbed parasols
17 Posts
Not sure about getting one for your sunbed at the hotel as you would need a base to anchor it to, but I have seen parasols and airbeds for sale in resorts such as Benidorm which you could use on the beach by sticking it in the sand.

luci :wave
We bought one in Minorca years ago and used to stick it in the sand on the beach but you'd need a base if you're going to use it around your hotel pool.
Prefer the beach so we usually buy a cheap parasol don't bother bringing it home those beach tents are also quite useful :sun2
thank you all for replying. it was really for the pool area if we could not find a sunbed with shade. to be honest it would be a problem to store a base unit as the areas around the pools are tidied up at night, therefore it might be seen as litter etc. don't know what i expected really. the cushion cum parasol/shade was certainly different. oh well looks like we will take a chance as usual teehee. thanks again to you allxx :)
I was watching the Benidorm programme last night which I had taped and they had a parasol attached to a sun bed. It looked like it fastened on like the parasols you would get for a childs buggy.
How about buying the one for the beach and taking some cable ties with you,you might be able to tie it to the sunbed that way.
Every hotel I've stayed in provide parasols and bases, as they do sunbeds, you just might need to save one early in the day.
thanks to all again for your help, would you believe i watched benidorm but missed the parasol. :whoops i'm sure i will manage to get shade from somewhere not to worry xx :cheers
Just spotted THIS while browsing the Ikea site, not sure if it's what you're looking for - but it says it has screw/clamp fastening.
thanks cyberspacecadette ,it is the nearest thing iv'e seen to what i was thinking off. many thanks for your trouble your greatx :tup
Cyberspacecadette, that looks a great parasol BUT it won't fit in my case, I have measured it, also it weighs a kilo and I only get 15 kg and my case weighs 4.5kg . Will have to buy one in resort and tie with string if need to. CBG
ah! well nevermind just have to find a hotel where you can pre book your sunbed , or do as others do and make finding a sunbed part of the fun of a holiday abroad.cough!! :rofl
By the looks of that screw thingy on the parasol mentioned it looks just like a wingnut type am sure you could buy something similar from a DIY shop, take that with you and buy a cheap parasol in resort :tup
I've just seen a picture of a beach parasol in a 'better garden' leaflet from Morrisons supermarket. The leaflet is valid until 26th May. They come in yellow, blue or lime green and are £3.99, there's a folding beach chair in the picture and the parasol appears to be attached to the back of that though you can't see how it fastens to it.
thanks glynis and oklahoma i will take a look, you are all very kindx :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.