Viva Goa

Arpora
All Spice
Sebastian's Bakery
Gato Loco - Candolim
The Stonehouse - Candolim
The Scirroco Bar - Calangute
Casa Sea Shell - Candolim

I can see I'm going to have to print this whole thread off and take it with me next year :D
My favourite was Sublime in Baga.
Thali Restaurant in Hotel Fidalgo 18 June Road Panjim

Vegetarian Thali - in beautiful surroundings - wonderful service - all you can eat and drink (buttermilk, fresh sweet lime and water) for 125 rps
Have tried to find this place a couple of times without success - will definitely try again next year! I think it only opens two or three times a week.

Difficult call but my favourites are:

Calangute/Candolim
After 7
Plantain Leaf
Tibetan Kitchen
Viva Goa
Mermaid

Panjim
Delhi Darbar
Navtara

If you ask me next week, it will be different!!
Can't believe no one has mentioned J&A's Italian just along from Baga Bridge towards the Saturday night market.
The ambience, decor,table settings,service and most importantly...the food, are all superb.Slightly dearer than your average eatery but at a standard I wouldn't want to pay for at home. £25 will buy dinner for two, 3 courses plus a bottle of wine. Well worth getting dressed up a little for a special night out.
:) Hi DaveWales, must agree with you, the place looks great and had a good few people dining there. With us it was a case of, first visit to Goa so wanted to try all the local dishes rather than Italian etc. Will give it a visit next year. Lisa.
any more?
Please keep this thread to your top restaurants only and use the one at the top of the page for questions.
  • Edited by Fiona 2007-06-08 15:49:20
We enjoyed Midas Touch in Calangute but that was back in December 2004. Is it still there?
Spottiswoode
Yes Midas Touch is still there :D
IMO I thought it was just your normal run of the mill restaurant, nothing different that would make me want to return (does look special from the outside mind you)
oooh...

ok, Baga/Calangute.....

1. Sublime
2. Kebabs and Curries (also known as 999) (fish tikka is to die for)
3. Jungle Village
4. Brittos
5. O'Pescador

There is also a fab little place in Panjim which used to be a youth hostel (or similar - if you've been you'll know what I mean)it still has all the writing on the walls from travellers that stayed there. its tucked away on a back street and if you can find it its well worth a visit the food is great and i spent hours reading all the messages.

Oh and there's another place i cant remember the name of, or where it is really apart from you have to drive there :roll: , but the speciality is fish and chips which is battered in proper beer batter, they have a singer on some nights too. I'm hoping someone will know where i mean :?
last chance to add :D Will begin to sift through this in the next week or so.
Ok Fiona, its quite a hard decision :hmmm cos so many nice places to eat, but I will try my best :D

Baga - Sublime
Kim Faa

Calangute - After 7 (best restaurant in North Goa!)

Candolim - Ruffles
in the south.
Joncy's
Joecans
Betty's place

We thought Martins corner was all round poor.

in the north

the stonehouse
the curry house
the palm and sands
all spice.
honeys
East meets west
Kim Faa Baga Found it whilst looking for Lazydays last year. The food was fantastic and the place was packed out. we were lucky to get a table.

Floyds tandori chicken with a bowl of gravy and a garlic nan yummy.

Tony's for a steak bagette if you fancy something plain (Its delicious)

Never been in Viva Goa is it the cafe looking place near to Calangute on the main Road. Was going to try it but no empty tables there so we gave it a miss.
Just mention the one, Kebabs & Curries ( also known as 999) Just opp. Holiday Rd in Calangute. Nortn Indian cooking at it's best. Run by a young Indian Couple, he cooks, she does front of house, and not U.K. prices like some places mentioned ! Alan
Gramps is that by Viva Goa
It, about 30yrds past Day Tripper on the same side of the road going towards Candolim, its up a driveway about 20yrds long and well signposted on the main road Alan
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.