Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
taba heights
8 Posts
Well, if it's just tota chilling out you want you could always wander down the coast a bit to the Swisscare.
But we've stopped off at the Sofitel for pick-ups a few times and it certainly looks nice from the outside.
We stayed in Taba Heights in december. We stayed at the Hyatt which is next door to the Sofitel. The Sofitel is an excellent choice to stay in..most of the hotels at Taba are. The resort is very quiet, there is very little to do there unless you are one of the diving fraternity..but very very relaxing. The entertainment is mainly hotel based but you can use the facilities in any hotel no matter which one you are actually a guest in. There is a free bus which takes you around the resort and also too and from the dive school which is run by Red Sea Waterworld (excellent school). There is a small shopping complex near the 3 Corners but it is very very basic. One supermarket and a couple of other stores that never seem to be open..but there is constant building and improvement taking place in the resort. This is not intrusive in any way and you will barely notice. I would stay at either the Sofitel or The Hyatt. ( I can also recommend an excursion into Israel if you are stuck for something to do). We are giving Taba a miss this time round and are going to Hurghada on November 30th as part of a diving school trip ( 28 of us). Taba does not really cater that well for the non divers unless you just want to lounge in the sun. Either way, i am sure you will enjoy the break.
hi and thanx

we are considering going to israel - do we need to buy visas at the airport and an extra visa for this ?

is the snorkelling ok from the beach here or are there trips for snorkelling ( we dont dive )

we are not bothered about shopping !!! just want a week in the sun with maybe a trip to israel and a boat trip

never been end of april before but i hope it will be hot enough
Yvonney - if you mean staying in Taba for a week 'chilling' and not taking a trip to Cairo etc but will be visiting Israel for a day trip you don't need an Egyptian visa at all, just the (free) tourist stamp from passport control at the airport...
There will be some border charges paid on entry to Israel.
Like alan says, you will not need an extra visa but it wil cost you $25 or equivalent. I suggest you go as part of an excursion as they will take care of all that for you and it will be easier crossing with a party rather than on your own. Crossing the border can take as much as up to 2 hours. the Israeli's are very thorough with their checks ( that is the best way to describe it!) I had a complete nightmare which I can PM you with the details if you decide you do want to make the trip.

Snorkelling can be done form the beach. there are purpose built jetties for you to get in off. This is to prevent peopel tramping over and destroying the coral life. Snorkelling is amazing. The water is shallow but the marine life is excellent.

It will be hot enough in April. :wink:
Hi

My husband and I spent a week at the Sofitel early October and it was excellent. It was our first time to Egypt and we loved it. The hotel was first class and we couldn't find fault with anything. With it being fully inclusive we were a bit wary beforehand regarding the food and drink but it was all excellent.

If you are looking for a relaxing holiday the Sofitel is the place to visit and we will certainly be returning to re charge our batteries next year
can anybody tell me what this hotel is like please going on 07/03 08 cant wait also what will weather be like in march hot i hope
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.