Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Tabac Shops
9 Posts
There are Tabac shops in the resorts and they are cheaper than the airport

HTH
Biff
There is no Tabac shop in Cala Galdana, we had to travel to Ferreries to get ours, its only a 10 min bus trip, but remember they will be closed in the afternoon. Mahon had a huge queue outside its Tabac shop! :D
There's one in Cala n Forcat in the shopping centre where you go up the winding path (looks like one of those car park entrances that twirl round).

Hope this helps and you can decipher what I mean :lol:
On the subject of Tabacs, dont forget that there is a ruling on Menorca whereas you can only purchase up to 200 cigarettes in the supermarkets on any one visit but you can visit as many times as you like. At the Tabacs you can purchase as many as you want. There is a Tabac in Ciutadella near to the Cathedral but check on the opening hours.
Hope this is useful.
We got home from Cala'n Forcat two weeks ago and the Tabac shop in the shopping centre was closed down. The rep informed us that there were no shops in this resort selling cigarettes.The nearest place is Ciutadella which is about ten minutes away by bus.
Hope this helps you.
You can no longer buy cigarettes in the supermarkets now either - Tabac shop looks like it is shut in Cala n Forcat permanently.
YEP both tabacs shops in cala n forcat were shut i got my mums in the airport 37.50 euros for 2hundred superkings
They restricted us in Cala n Forcat but if you catch a bus into cuittadella there was no problem getting any amount of ciggys, the bus only costs a euro and it makes a nice day out too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.