Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi holly day and welcome to HT!

Where are you flying home from and is it cruise only or cruise and stay?

luci :wave
hi thanks for the welcome it is cruise and fly flying out from manchester to palma and return from palma to manchester :)
No problem with taking the full EU recommendation of 3200 cigs each from Palma.

luci :wave
i knew i should be able to take my allowance from palma it being in the eu but would i be able to buy them at one of the ports eu, and carry them back on board the ship, does any one know if the ships have any rules regarding taking large amounts (my allowance) of cigs on board.thanks holly day
Ships don't care about Ciggies, Just booze.

If your cruise goes to Gib(unlikely) then sometimes UK customes like to check if they think you may be bringing them in without duty paid.
You are ok if docked in any EU port but....
I was on the Moorish Delights cruise last year + stopped at Gibraltar .
You have to put all your bags through scanner in customs hall before you board ship if you have more than allowance (200) they will take them.
1 guy with suitcase full was arrested + it took a senior ships officer to go to police + ask them to release him.They did after hefty fine + confiscated ciggies.
Johnny C
Bought some of my EU allowance in Madiera(Portugal).Even though I was flying back from Tenerife(200 per person)Keep your reciepts.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.