Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Talk of the Town
32 Posts
i was in marmaris in july last year and talk of the town was still open. i went to see it and it was great.
Hi,

Me and my boyfriend (19 & 21) went to icmeler in August last year (2005) and loved every minute of it. Talk of the town is still on in marmaris (but we never went) to be honest compared to icmeler, we didn't really like marmaris (too much hassle). There is a great drag show on in Icmeler called THE STELLA SHOW, you should go and see this its great.
I also cnt wait to go back to Icmeler, altough we wont be going this year (off to Ibiza instead) but will defo be going back.

Hope this helps.

Em :D :D
We were in Icmeler last September and tried to book tickets for Talk of the Town but all the seats were sold out at least a week in advance!!! We therefore missed the show.

So book within plenty of time.
Ps. The prices are the same whether you but the tickets at the booking office or at any of the travel agents
My wife and I have seen this show many times both at the old and new venues. It is a great show for both old and young with nothing to cause any worries about taking your children.

We said we would never go back however as the seating is so tight, If you are slightly bigger than average it is very uncomfortable. Too many people in too small an area.

Jim.
I was told from a lad at work who was in marmaris October last year that it was the last show they were doing they are suppose to be coming back to the UK.(don't know if any one else can verify this)

hellooooooooooooooooo from the northeast. :)
Northeast,

Probably because they close for the winter. I'm certain they will be back again this year.

Wilson :wink:
Probably because they close for the winter

no i was told they were back home for good :)
Nice one and now maybe we will get some women dressed as women performing for everyone :lol:

John
This is really a sad state of affairs if my favourite show is no more.
Being an avid fan as John knows of "The Talk Of The Town" were now, does one have to go to see men dressed as women.
We can of course use Icmelers own show at the Harmony Show Bar and this is called "The Stella Show" only problem is there is only one drag artist here and not the three that are in Marmaris.

So all is not lost Lovers of live shows we can still be entertained in Icmeler without having to catch a bus.

wearing of frocks, skirts and blouses are optional when visiting these venues.

Gene
Gene, why dont you and John offer to take over at Talk of the Town? :lol: I am sure you would both be fab :wink:

Loulou
hahaha you can count me out on that alright lolol though I have seen Gene in a wig and slingbacks and would go to see him :lol: :lol:

John
We both cant sing but because all these shows are mimed there is a posibility I may approach John and we could do a couple of guest spots down at the Harmony.
I had to stop wearing the 4 inch heels round Icmeler they were playing havoc with my ankles, swelling was not the word, I was begining to look like elephant woman, so am back on flats now,so take note girls and dont try to wear high heels round the resort. :lol:

Gene
Ah I remember that night well Gene when you got that heel stuck between the block paving as you tried to cross the road and fell on me.

John
Its delight when something triggers such wonderfull memories.
One balmy evening,
One to many Pina-Caladas.
One Stumble,
Two strong arms.

Sorry Briar going off topic.

Will pm you John about our magical holidays.

Transcript of all future conversations can be obtained from either John or myselfe on request.

Misty Eyed Gene
Hi guys
Its great to think that I have rekindled some happy memories of your holidays in Icmeler. We to have so many ourselves just cant wait to be there again. Thanks for all your replys regarding Talk of the Town. looks like it will be a matter of waiting and seeing. if the show goes on.
Or maybe there could be some new stars made in summer 2006. Icmeler
Beware!!!! :shock:

Gail & Rod
:lol: :lol: :lol: You 2 are nuts

Loulou
I agree with Loulou .. :lol: :lol: I think all this Pina Calades and high heels in pavement gaps is just a cover :wink: (Sorry Mods off topic, but at least it lets visitors to HT know what to expect when they visit Icmeler) To any new HT visitors please don't be alarmed, it's just two regular and valued contributers recalling previous liaisons. Why don't you try the Turkish experience ... with or without high heels !

Wilson :wink:
Hi
We went to Talk of the Town in May last year (visit every holiday) and the show was brilliant, even my 19 year old daughter enjoyed it but she was disappointed because we could not buy a fishbowl to share. Took our friends with us in September and were very disappointed as they packed us in like sardines, advertisement newsprint used as tablecloths and waiters removing our plates before we had finished. Our friends had seen the show the previous year and were disappointed that it was virtually the same show.
It certainly took the shine off what used to be a fantastic night out and we all vowed that it would definately be our last visit. The 3 guys work really hard but we think the management have become too greedy.
Does anyone know what might be on there now if the guys have returned to England?
Shaz150
Anyone know if its open this year, we are going the end of May. If its open will we be able to get tickets ok as we are only there for a week, have been reading it gets busy.
Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.