Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Tapas
5 Posts
Would be interested in recommendations too. Staying in Cala Galdana this time. Was only thinking the other day have been to Spain too may times to remember and never tried tapas, determined to have a try this year.
try down near the harbour in Mahon there is some little tapas bars there
Hi Dawn,

There is a lovely tapas bar " La Bodega" just a stone throw from you, in Plaza Domingo in Los Delfines / Calan Blanes(right next to the blue arch), for when you dont want to get the car. It's great too if you want to mix and match your food, right next door is the Mexican Cantina and you can order your food from either one and have a great varied menu.

If you are taking the car however, I would recommend Ciutadella, if you make your way right to the center of the old town (well, its all old) but if you ask anyone where the fish market is, you'll find plenty of little places that do tapas - our favorite being C'as Marino.

Right on the Ferreries round-about you'll see a bar call Vimpi, that also has a very large selection of tapas.
No decision. Ciutadella old town .Get off bus( so you can drink ice cold dry white sherry with tapas ) walk AROUND the dual lane 'ring road' starting at Placa des Pins ( bus drop off point ) you will see on your left two separate squares,first with fountain , second opposite the windmill. Go in the many Cafebars there and old sidestreets, upto the counter and see whose tapas appeals to you most. Choose places with locals around will be the best. Great authentic meals at La Guitarra restuarant

Best tapas on the island is at La Rueda - 3m counter of Tapas in Sant Lluis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.